• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stephen Fleming is the worst ever

thierry henry

International Coach
I don't think it's possible to be worse at scoring centuries than him. He's cursed. It's getting to the stage where it's really just funny. Even he must be starting to get the joke.

In other news, is Sajid Mahmood the ugliest player in cricket history? Scott Styris seemed drained of all motivation, and possibly the will to live, when he realised there was someone substantially less attractive than himself out there. I was actually scared that Mahmood's face was going to jump out of the TV and come get me.

Mingster

State Regular
It's just getting to a joke. Fleming has sorted out his conversion issues pretty well in the past year.

Henry, I'm pretty sure Mahmood and Styris aren't very happy with your attractiveness either.

Swervy

International Captain
thierry henry said:
I don't think it's possible to be worse at scoring centuries than him. He's cursed. It's getting to the stage where it's really just funny. Even he must be starting to get the joke.

In other news, is Sajid Mahmood the ugliest player in cricket history? Scott Styris seemed drained of all motivation, and possibly the will to live, when he realised there was someone substantially less attractive than himself out there. I was actually scared that Mahmood's face was going to jump out of the TV and come get me.
you never saw a player who used to play for surrey then (david ward???)....now he WAS ugly

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes..I think Sajid Mahmood has overtaken Styris. But lets judge players on ability, not looks.

I felt sorry for Fleming though..but he reckoned he became selfish so it's his call I guess.

shaka

International Regular
People should look at the consistency of contributions that he is making to the batting for New Zealand, in the one day series so far he has been the most outstanding. He has to be known for something, so he'll be remembered for the number of 90's in his career in both forms.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't really care if Fleming makes 99 or 100..the fact is in ODI's over the past 2 years, everytime he's gone on to make at least 80 runs NZ have won most of their matches.

tooextracool

International Coach
thierry henry said:
its allright to look ugly if you bowl really fast, at least it scares the hell out of a batsman when you hit him on the helmet or something.....now if he had a bit of andre nel about him, that would be sheer horror

shaka

International Regular
I agree that one run does not make much of a difference, however flintoff must feel bad after getting to 100 and still could not win the match.

bennyr

U19 12th Man
shaka said:
He has to be known for something, so he'll be remembered for the number of 90's in his career in both forms.
That's a bit unfair.

How about "Bloody Fantastic Captain"?

shaka

International Regular
I meant his batting for New Zealand! We all know that Fleming is arguably the best captain

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Fleming's captaincy got tarnished in the test series because the bowlers weren't really helping him out. The media were quick to jump all over him & suggest he was overrated. But his form as Captain in the ODI's has been far different..he's doing a top job.

shaka

International Regular
It is not his fault with having a team that had many injury worries, he played the game he thought that would best suit the bowling resources that were left in England (tests).

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
Tim said:
I think Fleming's captaincy got tarnished in the test series because the bowlers weren't really helping him out. The media were quick to jump all over him & suggest he was overrated. But his form as Captain in the ODI's has been far different..he's doing a top job.
He gaimed that reputation over the years and suddenly after one flat series the English media is all over him about his captaincy. Comparing his captaincy to Michael Vaughan's, I mean really, how long has Michael Vaughan been captain?

What is with the English commentators always wondering why we haven't seen the usual 'proactive field placements'? Have they seen the opposition to date, or the pitches? He hasn't had a need to do anything out of the ordinary.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
English pundits and media like trying the "overrated" tag more than anyone else.
They like to ignore legitimate reasons for failings (like injuries and bowlers who simply aren't up to standard).
And if they can't jump on the back of their own players they have to do it with the opposition.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Flemings captaincy against Australia has been amazing throughout his career. Thats what I will remember him for,

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Swervy said:
you never saw a player who used to play for surrey then (david ward???)....now he WAS ugly
David Ward, a face you couldn't forget no matter how hard you tried.

Truly, God gave him the ugliest face he could make....and then smacked it with a shovel.