• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England's One Day Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
Not sure if this debate has been going on ... if so ... well ... so what ...

Anyway. Can someone please tell me why England have to go into 1 day games with a simply awful looking batting lineup? You have a guy like Freddy Flintoff who is one of your best 1 day batters and bowlers ... giving you the luxury of playing an extra player (basically).

Now England's batting has been the reason why they are such a poor poor poor poor team. It would seem to make sense, especially with Jones now established in the side, to go in with 6 batters (inc Jones), Freddy as your all rounder, and 4 front line bowlers - basically 7 batters and and 5 bowlers.

As it is now ... you lose a couple of early wickets and mediocrites like McGrath, Blackwell, Clarke and Collingwood are having to rescue the innings.

To win the World Cup England will have to beat the best ... namely Austrailia. What hope in hell does any of those 4 have of playing a match winning innings against the best when the pressure is on ... NONE!!!

Why England have to play these mediocre bits 'n pieces guys I've no idea. I've lost count of the number of times you see 3 or 4 of these nothing players in England colours at once.

5 front line batters (none of this batting all-rounder crap), Jones and Freddy as genuine all rounders, and the best 4 one day bowlers.

With that kind of set up, England have a chance to be among the best ... otherwise ... I think the Zimbabwean 3rd string team can start rubbing their hands!!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
A thread like this was closed a couple of days ago by Neil (:p), his reasoning being that we coukd duscuss it in the official thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.