• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'6 giant fast bowlers' for India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deja moo

International Captain
24 June , 2004

The recently retired Javagal Srinath, arguably India’s greatest ever pace bowler, is happy with the country's emerging pace bowling talent. Srinath told The Hindu newspaper that the young pace duo of Lakshmipathy Balaji and Irfan Pathan were ``two gems''.

``I am pleased that the country is getting to a situation where it can choose its new ball bowlers from a pool of talent. I'm impressed with Munaf Patel, from Mumbai. Balaji and Pathan complement each other. Experience will help Zaheer Khan deal with his fitness problems better while Ashish Nehra needs to be very careful with that injured ankle,'' he added.

Srinath said there were at least six ``giant'' pacemen learning the rudiments of bowling at the National Cricket Academy. ``Both Munaf Patel and Raghavendra, the tallest trainees in the NCA, have shown lot of promise during training,'' Srinath said. ``We have six giant fast bowlers emerging and hope they stay fit and hold on to the hardship of fast bowling.''

Anyone know about Raghavandra? And who are the other 4 ?

Raj123

U19 Debutant
dont know who he is, but read this article couple of days ago.

lillee's comments:

He was full of praise for Raghavendra Rao, one of the six trainees, who have come here for "fine tuning".

"One of the six boys sent by Brijesh (Patel) from Bangalore is a good potential. I had that feeling on my first look at the boy. Even at this tender age, he has some good attributes........"

http://cricket.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-745907,prtpage-1.cms

chicane

State Captain
I have a feeling the others could be Sree Santh and N.C.Aiyappa(the winner of the speed hunt)

Deja moo

International Captain
Aiyappa was only around 130-135kph , if i recall correctly.
He had the same build as AA.
He could hardly qualify to be a 'giant' bowler :p

chicane

State Captain
Yep Aiyappa clocked a massive 134 kph, but he was pretty tall. Maybe around 6'3". I've never seen Sree Santh bowl but i heard he's pretty pacy.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chicane said:
Yep Aiyappa clocked a massive 134 kph, but he was pretty tall. Maybe around 6'3". I've never seen Sree Santh bowl but i heard he's pretty pacy.
That's not that tall for a fast bowler.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Raghavendra is said to be around 6'5 . I heard these type of comments too many times to believe in them. Shree Santh is more of a swing bowler than pacy type and isn't international class imo .

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket.indiatimes.com, isn't that part of the Tabloid (sorry Times) of India. Times of India comes up with such juicy stories every once in a while.

Remeber tall giants like Venky Prasad and Abey Kuruvilla ??

masterblaster

International Captain
We'll find out how good these new guys are once they are exposed to International Cricket.

But we've got a good current crop of talent coming through, and im not complaining just yet.

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Srinath is just hyping these bowlers up.These types of bowlers can be found in the streets of pakistan.India cant even produce a world class bowler and they have a population of 1 billion.actually they have never produced a world class bowler in their history. hahahahaha

chicane

State Captain
imranrabb said:
Srinath is just hyping these bowlers up.These types of bowlers can be found in the streets of pakistan.India cant even produce a world class bowler and they have a population of 1 billion.actually they have never produced a world class bowler in their history. hahahahaha
It's because of idiots like you that soldiers from both sides are dying fighting in the border. You guys have nothing on your agenda except make inflammatory comments and post rubbish about the other. Re. hype every country has it, but Pakistan and their fast bowlers have an extra dose. This Mohammad Irshaad guy is supposed to be a prodigy. Javed Miandad made the same bull**** comment about Irfan Pathan being found in every street in Pakistan, but in fact he was instrumental in India just recently thrashing Pakistan at home and the great Pakistan bowlers were nowhere near as good as him (Pathan avg - 28 Shoaib-44 Sami-64). See, how do you feel now when I say stuff like that about your players? Then the same idiots like you wanted to sue the PCB and players for the loss and a government inquiry was also done into the defeat. A loss to India is supposed to be such a huge blow to national pride! India haven't produced world class bowlers in their history? Kapil Dev, Anil Kumble, Javagal Srinath, Bishan Bedi, Erapalli Prasanna etc. You're just an ignorant fool who's only agenda is to pick on India. Keep your stupid thoughts to yourself.

Last edited:

Swervy

International Captain
chicane said:
It's because of idiots like you that soldiers from both sides are dying fighting in the border.
a bit harsh that!!!!!!!

what he says (and I think maybe he should have put it a bit more tactfully ) does have an element of truth to it.

Cue Swervy abuse from indian supporters :D

chicane

State Captain
Swervy said:
a bit harsh that!!!!!!!

what he says (and I think maybe he should have put it a bit more tactfully ) does have an element of truth to it.

Cue Swervy abuse from indian supporters :D
That post was a disgrace. And I think it's pretty clear what he means, given some of his post history. If he meant it as playful banter, then I apologize.

chicane

State Captain
India haven't had a great deal of talent, but they definitely have produced world class bowlers.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Night-night, thread.

Imranrabb, that's an official warning. Any more jingoistic flame-bait rubbish like that and action will be taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.