Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Laxman aiming for Lara's record !

Yeah Andre , but consider the attacks he will be facing this season...SA, Aus and Pak.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre
    Correct me if I'm worng, but shouldn't this be the aim of all international batsmen?
    It's every batsman's dream, but not many will fell they can do it.
    You talking to IR?

Quote Originally Posted by orangepitch
    Yeah Andre , but consider the attacks he will be facing this season...SA, Aus and Pak.
    mmmmmmm Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by chicane
    mmmmmmm Australia.
    Yeah, Laxman saves his best for the Aussies.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyr
    Yeah, Laxman saves his best for the Aussies.
    He does doesn't he.........maybe
    Im back in town boys!
    www.macsnpods.com/forums

Good on him but I dont think he will do it.

He is aggresive but not that aggresive his scoring rate is usualy between 40 - 65 he would probably need to push that toward's 75-80 to get there and still have enough time to win the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse

He is aggresive but not that aggresive his scoring rate is usualy between 40 - 65 he would probably need to push that toward's 75-80 to get there and still have enough time to win the match.
    Yes, he is not the fast scoring type like, Hayden, Ganguly and co, but he can attack well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse

Ya, I agree. But 1 thing is for sure, if he does make 400..it will only be against Australia

Yes, I don't think he would have the guts to get in against the Zims or someone. It is to easy.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by orangepitch
    [B]India's VVS Laxman is a man on a mission this summer having targeted Brian Lara’s world record Test score of 400. ``It is one of my aims to reach 400,'' Laxman told the Asian Age although while beating Brian Lara's world record is in his sights, Laxman says it must also benefit the Indian team. ``I want to get the big scores when the team needs it most, like I did in Calcutta. But I know I can do a lot better than that,'' he said.
    highly unlikely that he'll score 400 and yet put the team in with a chance of winning especially considering that he bats at 6....
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

VVS is a highly overrated batsman. He gives too many chances early in his innings, a very poor runner between the wickets, doesn't have the power and strength in his batting.

My prediction is 281 will remain his highest score in Test Cricket. He may be able to score couple of 200s but a 400 ?? I say never.

International Debutant Waughney's Avatar
    Outback Aus. Answer's yes, the middle of nowhere
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcapsrule
    Yes, I don't think he would have the guts to get in against the Zims or someone. It is to easy.
    He's not playing against Zimbabwe this season.
    Member of MSC - Murali Supporters Club

I'm not too dissimilar a batsman to Bradman.
    Both of us have batting averages below 100.

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    VVS is a highly overrated batsman. He gives too many chances early in his innings, a very poor runner between the wickets, doesn't have the power and strength in his batting.

My prediction is 281 will remain his highest score in Test Cricket. He may be able to score couple of 200s but a 400 ?? I say never.
    Who's to say Sanz, certainly not you. He doesn't need to run hard between the wickets, when he is the most elegant batsman in the world, as all his beautifully stylish strokes always are timed perfectly to the boundary.

On a serious note, he has a lot of stamina. As those 10 Ranji 100's in 10 games will prove with a highest score of 353 will prove.

In International games, 3 ODI centuries in One Week during the VB Series in Australia.

Massively Overrated?

Yeah Right!
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

MB, I have as much right to have my opinion as you. If you think he is the greatest batsmen after Bradman then good for you keep living in your dream world.

Just because Laxman can score runs in fours doesn't mean he does not need to improve his running. He along with Sourav are worst runners in our team. Laxman not only needs to improve his running but also his fielding and catching. If he doesn't then he should be ready to be dropped from ODIs.Remember World Cup he where he was dropped in favor of Dinesh Mongia ? Remember Dravid was dropped once too for his slow batting.

As for his 3 ODI centuries in one week, well yeah it really improved his average from 28 to 30+ but take a look at his career and strike rate and compare it to other Indian and Austalian Batsmen and you will know what I am talking about.

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Yeah, I know what your talking about Sanz. But this is test cricket we're talking about here, which fits Laxman perfectly.

He can go better than 281 in Test Cricket, so why is ODI cricket being brought into the equation. I think he's a fine player, but for you to show that I think he's better than Bradman is pretty ridiculous.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information