• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6 byes?

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
stassen5 said:
have u ever thought if its possible to get six byes?

how whud you bowl 6byes? youll have to be quit quike to pull that off?
:blink: :wacko: undefined

msn: stassen5@hotmail.com
I think i remember Ambrose bowling a ball once that hit a crack and completely took off and musta bounced like 2 feet inside the boundry, so id be surprised if there has never been 6 byes b4.

Mingster

State Regular
Firstly, it ever there was one, it would put the batsman, keeper, slips, leg slips, short fine-leg, and fine-leg all in danger of being killed.

Howver, I would pay to see to 6 bye.

Scallywag

Banned
The laws state that the ball must be struck by the bat to score a six, so alas you will never see a bye go for six.

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
Mingster said:
Firstly, it ever there was one, it would put the batsman, keeper, slips, leg slips, short fine-leg, and fine-leg all in danger of being killed.

Howver, I would pay to see to 6 bye.
I would pay to see one to but look at the post 2 above this!

Scallywag

Banned
I think it has happened where a bowler has hit a batsman on the helmet with a bouncer and it has cleared the ropes.

WI v SL at the WACA I think.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I read in a book once that someone bowled a ball that hit the pitch and went for six byes! And hit nothing else!

But it was only a first class match, or perhaps even less.

Ill try to find the book and give you the name of the bowler.

Scallywag

Banned
(b) Unless agreed differently under (a) above, the allowances for boundaries shall be 6 runs if the ball having been struck by the bat pitches beyond the boundary, but otherwise 4 runs.

Waughney

International Debutant
If there was such thing as 6 byes then I think Geoff Thomas would have bowled a couple. I seem to remember a story where he hit the sight screen after bowling a bouncer and the batsmen was stupid enough to look around and watch it, needless to say his face was white with fear :ph34r:

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Brett Lee did it in his pre injury days. It was only in a local club match in NSW though. Haddin was keeping and said it was the fastest bowling he'd ever seen. It was coming over his head and he practicaly next to the boundary as well.