• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Amazing Comebacks

Sehwag309

Banned
A few I watched and loved it

Aus/WI- WC Semi's 1996 = Link

Aus/SA- WC Super six 1999 = Link

Ind/Aus- 2001 Test Series =

Ind/Eng- NAtwest = Link

Plz share yours..

Last edited:

bennyr

U19 12th Man
Australia vs Pakistan, Hobart, 99-00

Australia vs New Zealand, ODI, 29/1/02 MCG

Of the ones already mentioned, the ones that stick in my mind are:

India vs Australia, 2nd Test 2001

England vs Australia, Headingley 1981

And Australia WC 1999, after scraping into the Super Six. Especially the final over of that SA match.

South Africa vs New Zealand, VB Series 2001/02. Can't remember which match it was, but Cairns scored a century. Good match that.

Mingster

State Regular
Gaijin-san said:
South Africa vs New Zealand, VB Series 2001/02. Can't remember which match it was, but Cairns scored a century. Good match that.
Definitely the AUS v NZ VB Series match where Bevan saved Australia's ass! :@

bennyr

U19 12th Man
broncoman said:
Aus and pakistan in hobart is the one that really stands out the most!
It's my favourite too.

I love this bit of the scorecard:

5-126 (Ponting, 54.4 ov), 6-364 (Langer, 113.3 ov)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
haha yeh

i was upset i didnt get to see most of that chase, i was at school that morning and my pakistan friends were rubbing it in that we were going to lose, so basically we prayed for rain!

for the rest of the year all we heard about was justn langer and cheating umpires!

Sehwag309

Banned
broncoman said:
haha yeh

i was upset i didnt get to see most of that chase, i was at school that morning and my pakistan friends were rubbing it in that we were going to lose, so basically we prayed for rain!

for the rest of the year all we heard about was justn langer and cheating umpires!
Oh ya, that ball from Akram..He was furious, it was very thin to call

bennyr

U19 12th Man
broncoman said:
haha yeh

I was working for Clints Crazy Bargains at the Head Office. The CEO called everyone (including the blokes working in the warehouse) into the lunch room so that they could all watch the last few overs.

Simon

cool, i got to see the end of it, im still not convinced Langer hit that ball too.....

tooextracool

International Coach
england vs west indies in the final of a sharjah tournament in 98 inspired by matthew fleming and graeme thorpe
australia vs england in the wc(and countless other bevan innings)
WI vs zimbabwe first test in 2000
WI vs SA in 91-92

Top_Cat

I saw it as well. Looked a big nick to me.
Rubbish. I've got the footage in question and having watched it again, at full speed and with all the ikes turned up, there wasn't a nick to be heard and obviously no deviation. The footage also showed the snick-o-meter and the nick was barely picked up at all so there's no way in hell the umpire would have heard it.