• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Imagine.....World Cup Final Between.........

masterblaster

International Captain
The World Cup 2003 Final Between India and Pakistan, what a fine crackerjack, spectacular, spicy, hot match that would be :O :P. Such fire, such passion, such intensity, both teams would raise their game to defeat their arch nemisis, and two evenly matched teams, both in great form currently.

Shoaib/Akram/Younis/Saqlain/Razzaq v Sachin/Dravid/Sehwag/Ganguly/Sehwag

Agarkar/Nehra/Khan/Kumble/Harbhajan v Inzi/Afridi/Nazir/Younis Khan/Anwar

Man, That would be one of the best finals in History!!!!!!!

:D :P

Kimbo

International Debutant
Yea that would be a great final. I was trying to think of a bigger rivalry but I don't think there is one.
Who do you think would win. I am tempted to say Pakistan, almost just because of Shoaib. India has the better batsmen, but Pakistan has better bowlers. It sure would be tight.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It wouldn't be as intense as it may have been in the past. Most of the Indian and Pakistani supporters and players tend to put political rivalries aside these days. I still remember when they used to have to play both home and away games between the two teams in Canada because the relevent authorities were worried about a full-scale 100 000 person riot at Calcutta for example!

But I would picked Pakistan any day of the week and twice on Sundays in a WC final. India can surprise (WC final in 1983 for example) but Pakistan have the requisite mental toughness that some of the Indian players don't posess.

I tell ya what, I'd love to see the battle between Sachin and Shoaib. Sachin would be eager to pound him after the ball he bowled Sachin with in the Asian Test championship a couple of years ago.

masterblaster

International Captain
TopCat I believe you are talking about the Indian side of old, this new rejuvinated Indian side is awesome in the field and much more consistent with bat and ball

Kimbo

International Debutant
haha, that just reminded me of a few years ago when India were absolutely hopeless in the field. On a competition when you phone in and select the best catch (like classic catches) there was "India Fielding" which was a series of mishaps in the field which happened on one ball. It was so funny, there were about 4 or 5 misfields. any of you kiwis remember that???

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yup i would like to see Indias bowlign power get stronger

And Sachin smash shoaib for a massive six!

Another really good finals would be

a) New Zealand vs Australia

b) Bangladesh vs Kenya

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
scotland vs england
Geez, do you want blood on the pitch or something?!?!?!?

:D

And masterblaster, I dunno. I still have doubts about this Indian team. India have ALWAYS had players who were supremely talented (guys like Yuvraj especially and Sachin junior....errrr.....I mean Sehwag :D) but when it comes to the crunch, I have my doubts.

Here's to them proving me wrong, though. :)

anthonysw

U19 Cricketer
Man this would be the first time we see Cricket being played as a blood sport.

I actually think everything will be fine. I think the cricket fans and players would have more maturity than the politicians do in each country.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Well.. an India v Pakistan final would result in one or the other capitulating, more than likely. Scotland v England - Scotland are dire, they'd never get close. And they DNQ'd this year anyway - lost to Canada...

Australia v Australia A - not as unlikely... they managed that in the 1990-91 (?) World Series v England :cry:...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
India v Pakistan will be a really good finals , but Pakistan might have the upper hand although im with India all the way, our pace bowling department isint that great

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yup India has a lot of really good spinners but the pace bowling lacks strenght im sure in a few years they are going to try and build some fast pitches so new bowlers come out better