• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb South West England meet-up

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
Sorry, you've lost me. Who he? :blink:
Hang on - who's that chap you've had two different pics of in your avatar?
AER Gilligan is the right-wing England captain whose views aroused the suspicion of Special Branch on one of his tours of Australia.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Richard said:
Hang on - who's that chap you've had two different pics of in your avatar?
AER Gilligan is the right-wing England captain whose views aroused the suspicion of Special Branch on one of his tours of Australia.
Douglas Robert Jardine!!! 8-)

He's been accused of many things in his time, but even the Aussies didn't go as far as to call him a fascist! :D

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Richard said:
No, I've been more concerned with your rather alarming preoccupation with AER Gilligan, he of right-wing extremeism fame.
I share your feelings about not forming general conclusions based on one misleading specific example - maybe I was a bit OTT saying "I can't stand the things", but I'm incredibly uneasy around them, always have been and almost certainly always will be - no matter what I consciously tell myself - the subconscious, instinct, rules.
Lol dogs are harmless. Build a bridge

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
Douglas Robert Jardine!!! 8-)

He's been accused of many things in his time, but even the Aussies didn't go as far as to call him a fascist! :D
Yeah... I know that, but he sure as hell looks like Gilligan.
Who was a facist.

Langeveldt

Soutie
BoyBrumby said:
No one could ever accuse you of deliberately courting popularity!!

What on earth have you got against dogs?!? :blink:
Dogs are completely annoying.. I mean if I wanted something that slobbered and sh*t everywhere I would settle down with a beautiful woman and have a baby...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Richard said:
Yeah... I know that, but he sure as hell looks like Gilligan.
Who was a facist.
I may be thinking of entirely the wrong bloke, but wasn't Gilligan the MCC pres when D'Oliveira was, er, controversially not selected for the SA tour?

Him being a fascist would make a lotta sense! :@

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Langeveldt said:
Dogs are completely annoying.. I mean if I wanted something that slobbered and sh*t everywhere I would settle down with a beautiful woman and have a baby...
Man, are you hangin' out with the wrong beautiful women! :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
I may be thinking of entirely the wrong bloke, but wasn't Gilligan the MCC pres when D'Oliveira was, er, controversially not selected for the SA tour?

Him being a fascist would make a lotta sense! :@
Certainly was involved with MCC - no-one really knows how much influence he had.
The possibilities are inevitable, though.