• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the most frustrating player playing for your country?

Waughney

International Debutant
Created on request in the "Who is the most frustrating player for your country?" thread I created, seems a few people got confused :ph34r: .

For Australia I would have to say Ian Harvey, he is a good player and has promised so much yet deliverd so little.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
yeh batting-wise at least, but hes ma 2nd fave so good on him. another used to be symonds, but after the wc... well you know :D

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
sorry... why?? ive always thought nehra was pretty good... doesnt he have the best bowling figures for an indian in ODIs??

*************************200POSTS*************************

Waughney

International Debutant
Nnanden said:
sorry... why?? ive always thought nehra was pretty good... doesnt he have the best bowling figures for an indian in ODIs?
You obviously haven't seen him bowling since the world cup. So inconsistent and add to that the injuries that he's had.

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Lately most frustrating player has been Zaheer Khan for India. He has tremendous potential, but over the past year hasn't lived up to it. Barring a 3 wkt burst against NZ in 1st test, and 5 wkts in Brisbane test, he has yet to do anything substantial. Being the spearhead, u kinda expect more. Although he has had his injuries, I believe he has still underperformed when he has been fit. It's as if after the WC2003 Final, he has simply lost it !! Hopefully he will be back to his best b4 the ausies tour India this year.

Another one is Ganguly, after a spectacular start to test-cricket, his career is going downwards. I wonder how long can captaincy sustain him. He is capable of bouncing back, as we saw in Brisbane and Melbourne (2nd inn). Those inns showed what he can do, only if he can repeat that often...

Sudeep

International Captain
Waughney said:
You obviously haven't seen him bowling since the world cup. So inconsistent and add to that the injuries that he's had.
Add to that the most horrible fielding skills.

masterblaster

International Captain
Agarkar for me, such a HUGE impact when he first came onto the scene. So many wickets, so little time.

Sometimes he's good, sometimes he's great, sometimes just awful.

So much talent in batting and bowling and fielding. He's only living up to a fraction of the promise. :(

He's still awesome to watch when he's on song. When it all works for him, its just one of the best sights in cricket.

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
Nnanden said:
sorry... why?? ive always thought nehra was pretty good... doesnt he have the best bowling figures for an indian in ODIs??
Sorry mate kumble has the record 6-12 aganist wI :cool: :cool:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Dewald Pretorius - I really rate the guy but he's hardly covered himself in glory in test cricket.

Boeta Dippenaar - Shedloads of talent, not many results in the test arena..

Mornantau Hayward - All that talent, bowls dross, gets dropped and goes to England.. At least he wants to play international cricket again..

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I would have Agarkar at the top of the list- he does not have the build for a fast bowler, yet gets a very long run. You can't expect him to perform consistently and exert a lot of power all the time, can you?

This is followed by Parthiv Patel- hailed as India's answer to the wicketkeeping problem, but is another problem- his own wicketkeeping has been found wanting. Yet he's been given an extended run, when dependable keepers have been sidelined.

Of course, who can forget Nehra? He has the potential to be a world class fast bowler, as that 6/23 in Durban showed. Those are not figures for which you make excuses. He can definitely do his bit as a strike bowler, but running in diagonally and bowling 2 meatballs an over and even more so, gtetting injured regularly doesn't help him much. Not to mention his fielding- even a stray dog has a better chance of stopping a ball. I hope this bowlers' fitness camp has that worked out.

Sodhi is one player who has talent, but not enough power. Why can't he do weight training?

Then of course, the Delhi openers. Akash Chopra has never got a 50 in a long time, and he is capable of doing it. Gautam Gambhir was quite good in an A-team series, but disappointing in Dhaka- he can do a lot better than that.

Someone mentioned Zaheer, and why not? He is India's best and most effective fast bowler. He has 3 five-wicket hauls, one against the Australians. He was quite effective in 2002, averaging 29, but after the World Cup final, he has definitely lost it. He sledges far too much, and if he stuck o his game, he would have been a far better bowler. The Asia Cup is the best chance for him to return to striking power, and a 5-wicket haul will help him a lot.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Lee, because hes either hot or cold and when hes cold hes REALLY cold.

Williams and Bracken because they can't play but still get places in the side:@

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Lee, because hes either hot or cold and when hes cold hes REALLY cold.
When Lee is hot, he's red hot. The selection of these fast bowlers has its kickbacks, but when it comes off, it helps a lot, as it did in the World Cup.

Williams and Bracken because they can't play but still get places in the side
They did a remarkable job, being reserves, when they came to India.

Last edited:

Mr. P

Arjun said:
When Lee is hot, he's red hot. The selection of these fast bowlers has **** kickbacks, but when it comes off, it helps a lot, as it did in the World Cup.

They did a remarkable job, being reserves, when they came to India.
1/ True, but did I ever deny that :dry:

2/ So? They're still rubbish bowlers. I know i'm not alone on this one.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
True, but did I ever deny that
It happens. All it needs is proper management.

They're still rubbish bowlers. I know i'm not alone on this one.
You don't expect rubbish bowlers to impress in pace-unfriendly conditions and have a hand in victory, do you? They also faced a very good batting side.

Mr. P

Arjun said:
It happens. All it needs is proper management.

You don't expect rubbish bowlers to impress in pace-unfriendly conditions and have a hand in victory, do you? They also faced a very good batting side.
1. Thanks for the advice.

2. I take it that you have not seen very much of Bracken or Williams. Don't try to judge on small glimpses of players. Nearly every Aussie agrees, these guys shouldn't make the side. Include Kasper.