• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What 3 players would u want exchanged from ur team?

Sehwag309

Banned
tooextracool said:
because flintoff has proved himself for a longer period than 1 test, is a far better bowler than yuvraj and is definetly as good a fielder if not better than yuvraj......
And yuv is replacable for..?

Sehwag309

Banned
jamee999 said:
Tendulkar for Butcher
Pollock for Hoggard
Murrali for Giles
Butcher for Sachin, u would exchange a player who has scored max ODI runs for a player who hasn't even played one-day

Sehwag309

Banned
tooextracool said:
because flintoff has proved himself for a longer period than 1 test, is a far better bowler than yuvraj and is definetly as good a fielder if not better than yuvraj......
OK..But amomgst the curent team, is yuraj worthy of replacement

Deja moo

International Captain
Sehwag309 said:
Butcher for Sachin, u would exchange a player who has scored max ODI runs for a player who hasn't even played one-day

I think he wants to exchange Sachin the test player for Butcher the test player

Deja moo

International Captain
I dont see why Yuvi and Flintoff are being eqauted.

Yuvraj is a better bat than Flintoff ( ok , theyre equal at best)

Flintoff is a better bowler than Yuvraj.. ( even if Yuvraj bowled regularly , you couldnt compare a medium pacer to a left arm spinner )

Yuvraj > Flintoff in fielding.

2 vastly different players.......why swap them ? :blink:

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sehwag309 said:
I see, so class is Temp. Form is Forever.
Relevance? He was stating that the rules of the thread stipulate trading like for like players and both Martyn and Tendulkar are middle order players.

Sudeep

International Captain
orangepitch said:
I dont see why Yuvi and Flintoff are being eqauted.

Yuvraj is a better bat than Flintoff ( ok , theyre equal at best)

Flintoff is a better bowler than Yuvraj.. ( even if Yuvraj bowled regularly , you couldnt compare a medium pacer to a left arm spinner )

2 vastly different players.......why swap them ? :blink:
I was talking about Tests only.

Realistically, Yuvraj should be replaced by either Chopra or Ramesh.

I picked Flintoff because of a couple of reasons:
- We won't be needed to watch Yuvraj open, because IMO it's going to fail, miserable.
- We can pick two spinners (Kumble, Harbhajan) on a regular basis, as Flintoff will fulfill the necessity of a third paceman.
- Flintoff is much more consistent ATM than Yuvraj, batting-wise. Sure, Yuvy hasn't played as many Tests to judge him, but that arguement for me weighs less against the one that Flintoff could provide a more all-round support to the Indian team.

Writing the above though was really really bizarre, something that would never take place even in dreams.

PY

International Coach
orangepitch said:
Not at second slip he isn't which is where Flintoff would field.

IMHO, Flintoff has gone a long way to proving he is one of the top slippers (not footwear before the comedians see this) in the world.

To say that Yuvraj is better than Freddie with the bat is a tad strange to me as well. But each to their own. :)

biased indian

International Coach
For both ODI and Tests

Nehra with Pollock
Balaji with Gillespie
patel with Boucher :wacko:

if its gilchrist it will create lot of problem in ODI with 4 players fighting for opening spot :p :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
koch_cha said:
if its gilchrist it will create lot of problem in ODI with 4 players fighting for opening spot :p :p
But if it's Boucher, it creates problems with solving mathematical equations...