• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 3 tours of your country-you long for

Loony BoB

International Captain
Australia, England... and any other team, I guess. Pakistan, India, Windies, Sri Lanka... usually I'd say South Africa as they're my favourite non-NZ team, but they've only just been over, obviously.

Weird how some people are going around saying "Why don't you have India listed!!!???" Gee, well, because I happen to be more interested in other nations? Whoopdeedoo, India aren't exactly the be-all and end-all of exciting cricket, and that's the kind of cricket I'm after. It's no big deal, it's just my preference, the teams that I want to see. I can't see how people can argue about someone else's preferences with them.

Waughney

International Debutant
Loony BoB said:
Weird how some people are going around saying "Why don't you have India listed!!!???" Gee, well, because I happen to be more interested in other nations? Whoopdeedoo, India aren't exactly the be-all and end-all of exciting cricket, and that's the kind of cricket I'm after. It's no big deal, it's just my preference, the teams that I want to see. I can't see how people can argue about someone else's preferences with them.
I was one of those people, but I was only reffering to Australians, not other nations. I couldn't see why they didn't list india in the top 3 (I would have understood if it wasn't in the top 2 due to ashes etc.) after what has happened in the last 2 series.

tooextracool

International Coach
Loony BoB said:
as one of the people who did mention the above id like to know when i asked you why you didnt have india listed? when the entire australian team consider the tour to india as the most important tour in their careers and as the "final frontier" i find it hard to understand how someone could not even put it in the top 3.

Deja moo

International Captain
Loony BoB said:
Weird how some people are going around saying "Why don't you have India listed!!!???" Gee, well, because I happen to be more interested in other nations?
So you're more interested in " nations" and not in the quality of cricket and competition between two teams ?

Craig

World Traveller
tooextracool said:
as one of the people who did mention the above id like to know when i asked you why you didnt have india listed? when the entire australian team consider the tour to india as the most important tour in their careers and as the "final frontier" i find it hard to understand how someone could not even put it in the top 3.
That is because they have not won over there in over 35 years (not counting ODIs of course).

Linda

International Vice-Captain
orangepitch said:
So you're more interested in " nations" and not in the quality of cricket and competition between two teams ?
In case you dont know, "nation" is another word for country.

Deja moo

International Captain
Linda said:
In case you dont know, "nation" is another word for country.
ok.
Theres two ways of looking at......tours you want personally ,and tours which provide most entertainment to all.

delkap

State Vice-Captain
I guess he has a point though, last time India toured NZ they were hammered, and when NZ toured back they left with draws. So that wasn't very exciting cricket for a NZ fan for whatever reasons. The whole thing changes for Aus on the other hand as they lost in Ind, and couldn't win at home either. They hv every reason to put this tour in top 3. But it would be unfair to expect everyone to do that. Maybe after India beats them ... (:D:p just hoping !!)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
orangepitch said:
ok.
Theres two ways of looking at......tours you want personally ,and tours which provide most entertainment to all.
The title of the thread is 'Top 3 tours of your country-you long for' not 'the general public' long for.