• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the most frustrating player for your country?

Waughney

International Debutant
Who is the most frustrating player for your country?
By this I mean which player from the opposing side frustrates you the most through their performances.
Being Australian I would have to say VVS Laxman gets my vote. So many times in tests and ODI's he has risen to the challenge with big scores and most importantly, frustrated me :frusty: Well done VVS :frusty:

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Jacques Kallis.
Kallis is a legend. His fighting innings of 99 against Australia is one of my favourite knocks. I was annoyed as hell when we ran him out.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Until Recently probably Flintoff, but lately he's slowly turning into the player we know he is. I'd have to say Mark Butcher. The guy has BAGS of talent, easily the most in the England side just he has ZERO powers of concentration and usual gets to the 20-30 mark beautifully then gets out slashing to a really wide one or pushing out to a wide one he could leave.

Mr. P

Mr. Ponting said:
Ganguly just cause he is a frustration and we all know he's a bit of a *****.
Didn't know that word wasn't allowed. I'll make a mental note :happy:

Mr. P

SpaceMonkey said:
Until Recently probably Flintoff, but lately he's slowly turning into the player we know he is. I'd have to say Mark Butcher. The guy has BAGS of talent, easily the most in the England side just he has ZERO powers of concentration and usual gets to the 20-30 mark beautifully then gets out slashing to a really wide one or pushing out to a wide one he could leave.
Not your own sides most frustrating, the most frustrating AGAINST your side. :wacko:

Sudeep

International Captain
Matthew Hayden. Though he didn't do much in the recent series, he gets my vote on the basis of the 2001 series. His handling of the spinners was top class.

Mr. P

Sudeep said:
Matthew Hayden. Though he didn't do much in the recent series, he gets my vote on the basis of the 2001 series. His handling of the spinners was top class.
I thought it would be Ponting. Two double centuries in a row!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
For NZ, Jayasuriya..he consistently smashes us, whereas other teams manage to control him better.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Mr. Ponting said:
Not your own sides most frustrating, the most frustrating AGAINST your side. :wacko:
****! well the topic suggested otherwise :P and i cant be arsed to edit my original post.....so :p

Waughney

International Debutant
You would've known if you'd read the first (explanitory) post.
By this I mean which player from the opposing side frustrates you the most through their performances.

Kent

State 12th Man
Dravid.

Not so much in numbers, but sometimes it just feels like he's got kids gathered around the back of a net while he puts on a clinic, with our trundlers getting paid $6 an hour to bowl to him.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Mind you, Dravid does that to alot of teams.

On the other hand, especially in the ODI's it seems most teams are able to get Jayasuriya out quickly whereas we tend to let him smack 50 runs off about 30 balls.

Waughney

International Debutant
Sehwag309 said:
Australia = Hayden
Pakistan = Inzi, Shoaib
England = Flintoff
SA = Gibbs
Assuming you're an Indian supporter, I'd add Ponting to the Australia list. Like what Mr.Ponting said, 2 double centuries in a row!

Sehwag309

Banned
Waughney said:
Assuming you're an Indian supporter, I'd add Ponting to the Australia list. Like what Mr.Ponting said, 2 double centuries in a row!
I see your point but Hayden was the pillar in 2001, and has won many fans in India.

I think it's more to do with the last Aussie tour of India, Hayden was the only one who could handle Harbhajan comfortably.

As for Laxman, we'll he performed both in India and Aus

masterblaster

International Captain
For us, it has to be Ricky Ponting. The man scores against us everytime. Well, he scores against anybody everytime.

From South Africa, it has to be Herschelle Gibbs, he plunders our bowling attack to pieces most of the time.