• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rain stopped play??? Nooooo! (WI vs Ireland)

Revelation

U19 Debutant
Ponting had quite a lot to say about Lara, who incidentally is the WEST INDIES CAPTAIN and about West Indian team policy. Are you suffering some short term amnesia?? It was a couple months ago around the time someone was scoring the small task of 400*.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Zeeshan Ali to make a ton and Tore Torgersen to take 10-19 (as soon as we can teach him to bowl overarm :p)
Nice one.

10-19 would be a nailed-on cert if they let him use a 15 pound ball.

Is Tore a national institution in Norway?

I spent some time chatting to Richard Hood a couple of weeks after he won a tenpin medal at the Commonwealth Games in Malaysia a few years ago, and he said they were literally getting stopped in the streets for autographs.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Nothin new here and we shouldn't read too much into it. In 1998 tour of India, Australia were beaten by Mumbai Ranji trophy team inside 3 days.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
luckyeddie said:
Nice one.

10-19 would be a nailed-on cert if they let him use a 15 pound ball.

Is Tore a national institution in Norway?

I spent some time chatting to Richard Hood a couple of weeks after he won a tenpin medal at the Commonwealth Games in Malaysia a few years ago, and he said they were literally getting stopped in the streets for autographs.
Sadly, no. Tenpin bowling is mostly regarded as a fun game in Norway - not a sport. I think about 10 % might recognise the name, and even fewer his face...

Rich2001

International Captain
Tom Halsey said:
The Essex players being the ones which made the difference.
I wont say anything about Botha going for 62 from his 10 overs (I however wont take the mick, getting Lara is no easy feat)... but he did get the lowest score of the Ireland innings :p

Kent's Mr O'Brien on the other hand hit 58* and I quote "but the 22-year old wicket-keeper Niall O'Brien made amends with style. The classy left-hander played a wide range of shots to guide Ireland home"

:D :p

Langeveldt

Soutie
Rich2001 said:
I wont say anything about Botha going for 62 from his 10 overs (I however wont take the mick, getting Lara is no easy feat)... but he did get the lowest score of the Ireland innings :p

Kent's Mr O'Brien on the other hand hit 58* and I quote "but the 22-year old wicket-keeper Niall O'Brien made amends with style. The classy left-hander played a wide range of shots to guide Ireland home"

:D :p
Wallow in it rich....

V Reddy

International Debutant
Ireland must be a pretty talented team. They thrashed Zim last year and now comprehensively beat Windies :huh:

Andre

International Regular
Don't worry about all your Essex and Kent playeras, the true star was new ball bowler Trent Johnston, from the Mosman club in the great city of Sydney :D

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Revelation said:
I'd love to see where australia will be in 2-3 years when most of their guard is retired.....England and SA have much more staying power than australia right now.
More than likley we will be the best in the world.

Ireland, Ireland, together standing tall....shoulder to shoulder, we'll answer Ireland's call

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I knew the website existed - I have had it bookmarked for years (I used to work in Dublin and know a couple of the current Irish side)