• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wimha

Loony BoB

International Captain
For those who aren't familiar with WIMHA, it stands for "Words I Might Have Ate" - in other words, it's the things people say that they more often than not wish they didn't later on. A good example to start everyone off would be these words by Chris Cairns.

Cairns, who has announced he will retire from Tests at the end of this series, said, "I've always thought this is one of the strongest teams, if not the strongest, that New Zealand's sent away." - Cricinfo

You got many?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
"Not if last tour was an indication!

I can see it now.......short leg, leg gully.........Lee around the wicket, rising balls up into the ribcage/armpit/throat.......Dravid will not handle it.

Tendulkar may do ok, I think he scored 1 century last time, but Laxman will get blasted out as well."
- Kenny, 14 October 2003

"Vaughan has struggled in these last two series. Drop him and try Fulton vs the Sri Lankans or Indians this summer" - Me, 3 April 2002

"Harmison and Flintoff cannot bowl well!"
"There really is no such thing as favourable conditions for Harmison, Jones and Flintoff. None are swing-bowlers, none are especially good seam-bowlers. None will get very many wickets without poor batting. Hopefully all will go to West Indies and be exposed."
"If you really think Flintoff is a better batsman than Geirant Jones, you’re seriously deluding yourself."
- Richard, 23 December 2003

Feel free to do some more old-thread-dredging, there's plenty there.

Deja moo

International Captain
Not the exact words ......but went something like......
." We are the number 1 team in the world "....Sourav Ganguly after the win at Adelaide.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
"We'll win the Ashes 5-0." - Glenn McGrath

"We'll win the Ashes 3-1." - Glenn McGrath

"I'll just stop now." - Glenn McGrath

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hee hee - this is fun.

a full strength NSW side would at the moment beat any test or ODI side. - age_master

You can't judge a bowler on statistics - just because someone's got a good economy-rate and strike-rate doesn't mean they deserve them. - Richard

I did no more slanging than I've seen anyone else in here do. - furious_ged

I know more kids who are referred to as "Jim" than "Richard" - most of them (if not all in my experience) call themselves "Rich" - Neil Pickup debating with Richard

So, according to you, Steve Waughs 120 against SA was luck because Gibbs dropped a sitter? Most people give at least 1 chance in a big innings - Tom Halsey debating with Richard

The time Mohammad Sami destroys a Test line-up I'll eat my computer. - Richard

I don't rate Flintoff as bowler or batsman, never have made any secret of it, not much has happened to change my opinion. - Richard

Harmison and Flintoff cannot bowl well! - Richard

My Dad reckons Shabbir is a chucker, but I've watched him on slow-mo a 1000 times this series and stil don't reckon he is. - thierry henry

he's worthless - Cricket Web's prize plonker Shane Warne (userid) on Andrew Flintoff

I've made a great fool of myself here. - Neil Pickup

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
"Harmison and Flintoff cannot bowl well!"
"There really is no such thing as favourable conditions for Harmison, Jones and Flintoff. None are swing-bowlers, none are especially good seam-bowlers. None will get very many wickets without poor batting. Hopefully all will go to West Indies and be exposed."
"If you really think Flintoff is a better batsman than Geirant Jones, you’re seriously deluding yourself."
- Richard, 23 December 2003

:lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm waiting for him to come back and tell how he knew they'd make it because he saw something in their technique and he was only messing with us.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Copying LE and just to keep kicking the Aussies while I have the chance:

We'll have a bowl - Ricky Ponting

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
"This will be one of the greatest ODI victories ever produced by New Zealand" - Mark Richardson commentating on this match.

Hey Trev, I got an idea that'll win us the match... - Greg Chappell

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
You missed "mate" off the end!
Me too. I just gave the formal version.

Mind you, Ricky Ponting speaks so quickly, he could have recited Hamlet and it'd have still been a blur.

Butterteeth

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
luckyeddie said:
Me too. I just gave the formal version.

Mind you, Ricky Ponting speaks so quickly, he could have recited Hamlet and it'd have still been a blur.
Tee hee...

:lol:

He'd have a rival in Mark Taylor though.