• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

pakistan sack miandad, replace him with bob woolmer

ReallyCrazy

Banned
IMO a very good move by PCB. Miandad was no doubt a great player for his country but he lacks the personality/qualities of a good coach (I think he's a barbaric moron). He was against everything new the PCB wanted to try and thought he was the ultimate. The way he behaved in the first ODI against India when he was signalling to moin khan to hit a six was dumb. Good he's been sacked.

V Reddy

International Debutant
I doubt whether a foreign coach will work for Pakistan. It would have been better if they continued with Javed

tooextracool

International Coach
well the only reason i might concur with this decision is because the new coach is woolmer.....but it would be quite futile if they brought back miandad as coach after pakistan loses the asia cup....

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Because India, SL and BD dont pick their cricketers from street. Most of the Pakistani cricketers have difficulty understanding their own language, how will they understand their coach's language ??

I hope it works out though.

tooextracool

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
If it can work with India, England, SL and Bangladesh, I don't see why it won't for Pakistan.
umm because pakistan tend to replace their coaches after a 1 series failure re miandad?

Deja moo

International Captain
Woolmer is just an aberration.

Post Asia cup , musical chairs to continue....Miandad-Pybus-Miandad-Pybus-Miandad.......

Waughney

International Debutant
I can remember last night reading a cricket magazine (Inside Edge Nov. 99). There was an article on Pybus and his sacking. How long has this saga gone on for and how long will it continue?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
The two most interesting comments I read on this appointment were :-

- That Miandad had a simple approach to coaching ..."main-hoon-na" ("dont-worry-I-am-there") approach to every situation and

- that the biggest problem is going to be communication between the **** players and their coach since most of them can barely speak even in their own mother tongues :p

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
That was really uncalled for. SJS has a point even Coach Woomer said it is going to be a challenge communicating eith the players.