• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DDD - Draft by Debut Decade

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's a draft shaped hole in my life right now and if it's not filled immediately I will be forced to confront the fact that I'm wasting away my prime here and we don't want that, do we?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You mean "drafter of the best bowlling attacks in an online nerd den" on the profile did not act as a girl magnet?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You mean "drafter of the best bowlling attacks in an online nerd den" on the profile did not act as a girl magnet?
I'm just glad my drafting strategy of building my team around good bowling has been noticed! It's just too much effort for me tbh. I realised I was only doing it because I'd built it up in my head and was bored.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah, I tend to do the same thing.. maybe allrounders if I am lucky before I get the bowlers but yeah I always draft batsmen last. Seeing how my ODI debut draft team is shaping up, maybe I was wrong afterall.

kingkallis

International Coach
Nah, I tend to do the same thing.. maybe allrounders if I am lucky before I get the bowlers but yeah I always draft batsmen last. Seeing how my ODI debut draft team is shaping up, maybe I was wrong afterall.
Nope. There are at least 5 very good ODI bowlers left and 2 top all-rounders still available which will shape your team pretty well.

kingkallis

International Coach
I'm just glad my drafting strategy of building my team around good bowling has been noticed! It's just too much effort for me tbh. I realised I was only doing it because I'd built it up in my head and was bored.
In ODIs, I tend to pick batsmen first and in tests, I prefer ATG All rounder first, bowlers, openers and then the rest.

Teuton

International Captain
I maintained an excel sheet with some calculations for the recent ODI draft, if that makes you feel even better
Yeah I have a bunch of excel workbooks with calculations to rate players that I can adapt for whatever draft rules come up. Always good to have a starting point.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
My apologies for the delay. For some reason I thought we only had 11 nominations.

Here is the order for Rounds 1 and 2 as dealt by the randomiser:

Round 1

Red Hill
honestbharani
Line & Length
weldone
Fuller Pilch
ataraxia
Teuton
kingkallis
Trundler
sillycowcorner 1
JOJOXI
ankitj

Round 2

ankitj
JOJOXI
sillycowcorner1
Trundler
kingkallis
Teuton
ataraxia
Fuller Pilch
weldone
Line & Length
honestbharani
Red Hill

I'll add the remaining rounds, as requested, straight after posting this.

Last edited:

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Interested to see how others tackle these drafts. I'm a bit bigger than a note book user (like hb) - just larger sheets of paper.

Speaking of hb, he has done well out of the randomiser. For the final round 11, positions are added and the highest numbers go first. If two are tied, the one with the lower round 1 position gets the earlier pick. I'm listing them horizontally here but, as they come into effect, I'll post vertical lists for ease of reference.

ROUND 3: ataraxia, Trundler, honestbharani, ankitj, sillycowcorner1, kingkallis, Fuller Pilch, JOJOXI, weldone, Red Hill, Line & Length, Teuton.
ROUND 4: Round 3 reversed
ROUND 5: Teuton, Trundler, honestbharani, Fuller Pilch, JOJOXI, weldone, Red Hill, Line & Length, kingkallis, ataraxia, sillycowcorner1, ankitj.
ROUND 6: Round 5 reversed
ROUND 7: honestbharani, Red Hill, ankitj, JOJOXI, Fuller Pilch, Teuton, sillycowcorner1, Line & Length, weldone, kingkallis, Trundler, ataraxia.
ROUND 8: Round 7 reversed
ROUND 9: JOJOXI, ataraxia, Line & Length, sillycowcorner1, honestbharani, Teuton, ankitj, kingkallis, Fuller Pilch, Trundler, Red Hill, weldone.
ROUND 10: Round 9 reversed
ROUND 11: kingkallis, weldone, ankitj, sillycowcorner1, Trundler, Line & Length, Teuton, ataraxia, Red Hill, Fuller Pilch, JOJOXI, honestbhrani.

Time limits: Round 1 - 10 hours; Rounds 2-11 - 8 hours.

Catch-ups: To catch up with a selection if timed out, participants can make a catch-up selection at the first opportunity rather than having to wait until their next scheduled selection. With big time zone differences, the latter may be too harsh.

Sorry again for the 24 hour delay, but we are now under starter's orders. (Don't forget to add the decade after each selection).