• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Asia Cup Thread*

chicane

State Captain
Craig said:
What do people think of the chances of Pakistan and Sri Lanka?
Pakistan have to play Shoaib. If they do they have a strong chance. Sri Lanka's chances aren't too good though with Murali and home advantage they can do it.

chicane

State Captain
marc71178 said:
IIRC that may have had something to do with his form as well... ;)
Partly, like Raj said he was out of rythm (as he's been for almost a year now). Though he did have that spectacular start..2 wickets in his first over. :cool:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Partly, like Raj said he was out of rythm (as he's been for almost a year now). Though he did have that spectacular start..2 wickets in his first over.
ODI v/s Essex? He also bowled 9 wides and went for 5 an over. Cut out those extras and you'd have a better bowler. The best I have seen of Zaheer is in Brisbane, Australia. He needs to work on his bowling in the 2'nd innings- each time he gets 5 in the first, he gets none in the second!

Deja moo

International Captain
Something tells me that the " magic ball" will turn out to be damp squib.

After all he has been bowling only for the past 1 month.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Something tells me that the " magic ball" will turn out to be damp squib.
Magic ball or no magic ball, he has to return to full form and fitness. He also haid he's working on his batting. Maninder Singh says that he has a lot of potential as a batsman. And why not? His six-hitting, when used to good effect, can make decisive, match-winning scores.

chicane

State Captain
tooextracool said:
he might just end up bowling murali's doosra.....
Obviously you don't know that he's been bowling the doosra(Murali's?! :blink: ) for about 3 years now.

Last edited:

chicane

State Captain
This magic ball stuff is just a way to impress the selectors i guess. All these spinners making a comeback have said the've worked on new deliveries (Saqlain with his 'teesra', Shane Warne with something else).