• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Asia Cup Thread*

chicane

State Captain
Raj123 said:
Do they really need kumble if harbhajan is fit. zaheer needs a place in the side anyway so i think they should bracket kumble with harbhajan and have the pace trio.
In Sri Lanka we have to play two top class spinners. The fast bowlers won't bowl much there so they may only play two (Pathan and Balaji most probably). The part timers will have to bowl some too. It all depends on the type of wickets there.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
chicane said:
In Sri Lanka we have to play two top class spinners. The fast bowlers won't bowl much there so they may only play two (Pathan and Balaji most probably). The part timers will have to bowl some too. It all depends on the type of wickets there.
he has a very poor record in SL though.theres sehwag and sachin for support anyway, so i'd say pick zaheer.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
he has a very poor record in SL though.theres sehwag and sachin for support anyway, so i'd say pick zaheer.
He was the only good bowler in action. The seamers bowled rubbish. There was little he could do, being the only good bowler. In the recent past, he has been one of the better bowlers in the team, before his injury. In fact, in the Champions Trophy, he bowled well in the semi-final and final. Besides, I would prefer he stayed out of action till the home series against the Australians. Ramesh Powar would be a better choice, since he is the best batsman among all of the Indian bowlers picked.

Sehwag should bowl his 10 overs in every match- it is better than that rag-tag combination, which has cost the Indians a few matches in Pakistan. Part-timers are not reliable at all. That is why the youngest of the lot will have to bowl as a regular.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Arjun said:
Ramesh Powar would be a better choice, since he is the best batsman among all of the Indian bowlers picked.
IMO Powar is hardly the best among the rest . He bowls the same type and after a while the batsman will get used to him. I hope Kartik gets picked b'coz i think the pitches there will suit his type of bowling.

tooextracool

International Coach
V Reddy said:
IMO Powar is hardly the best among the rest . He bowls the same type and after a while the batsman will get used to him. I hope Kartik gets picked b'coz i think the pitches there will suit his type of bowling.
umm he said 'best batsman amongst the spinners'.....nonetheless i dont think india should be picking spinners based on their batting ability because they do have the strongest ODI batting lineup in the world...

chicane

State Captain
My Indian team for the likely conditions in Sri Lanka -

V.Sehwag
S.Tendulkar
S.Ganguly
V.Laxman
R.Dravid
Y.Singh
M.Kaif
I.Pathan
L.Balaji
H.Singh/Z.Khan
A.Kumble

I would definitely have Kumble over Harbhajan because he's been doing very well and Bhajji hasn't played any cricket for a while. I would still have Bhajji over Powar and Kartik though.

chicane

State Captain
He said he was before the Pakistan tour and there even while he was fit, his bowling was the crappiest ever in his career.

chicane

State Captain
Raj123 said:
apparently he is fit again
Let's hope he is....with his sudden withdrawal from Surrey and all, I doubt it. He's a vital bowler and we need him fit, especially for our next Test series against Australia.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
chicane said:
Let's hope he is....with his sudden withdrawal from Surrey and all, I doubt it. He's a vital bowler and we need him fit, especially for our next Test series against Australia.
read in an article recently that he withdrew from surrey team coz of lack of rhythm and not fitness concerns. he said he want to do more net practice before playing any matches.

Craig

World Traveller
Will the matches v UAE and Hong Kong be official ODIs?

What do people think of the chances of Pakistan and Sri Lanka?

Deja moo

International Captain
Craig said:
Will the matches v UAE and Hong Kong be official ODIs?

What do people think of the chances of Pakistan and Sri Lanka?
Yep.official ODI's. Hope Sehwag creams them for a double hundred :) .

Pakistan has good chances of beating India to the title.

I dont think this present Sri Lanka team is good enough.

Craig

World Traveller
Well you can't rule it out I guess.

If anybody looks like he will do it, I would back my money on Sehwag.

The only other person besides SRT is Sanath Jayasuriya, but IMO I think he is past it.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Should the Indians stop considering Zaheer Khan as an international prospect till he returns to top form? It worked the last two times, didn't it?

It has worked with most players. McMillan was dropped because of a slump in form and when he came back, in India, he got more than a few runs. Brett Lee was dropped from the first two Ashes Tests becuase of disappointing performances in Sharjah, and in the third Test, he blew away the English batting lineup. Yuvraj was dropped because opf a pathetic shot selection twice and responded well by playing several good innings. Why not drop Zaheer, let him take a whole lot of wickets for Baroda before bringing him back?

chicane

State Captain
orangepitch said:
Yep.official ODI's. Hope Sehwag creams them for a double hundred :)
Boy will that be a treat! He has a very real chance of doing it, on a typical Sri Lanka wicket against their bowling on his current blazing form. :D