• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What has been the worst moment in ur country's cricket history?

biased indian

International Coach
Waughney said:
Don't worry almost too many have been stated :p
the one that has not been stated so far is

Being not able to give australia a series win in india or atleast a draw
in some 15+ yeras

Revelation

U19 Debutant
WI-93 all out to Kenya in '99
WI-25 all out to Ireland in '66
WI-47 all out to England in 2004
WI-51 all out to Australia in '99
WI-53 all out to England in 2000/01
WI-63 all out to England in 2000/01
WI-lose in 2 days to England in 2000/01
WI-5-0 whitewashes to SA and AUS in 1997 and 2000 respectively

Those are jsut a few i am sure i can come up with more.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Revelation said:
WI-93 all out to Kenya in '99
WI-25 all out to Ireland in '66
WI-47 all out to England in 2004
WI-51 all out to Australia in '99
WI-53 all out to England in 2000/01
WI-63 all out to England in 2000/01
WI-lose in 2 days to England in 2000/01
WI-5-0 whitewashes to SA and AUS in 1997 and 2000 respectively

Those are jsut a few i am sure i can come up with more.
Well you could say "West Indies performance in general since Lara became a star" and you wouldnt be too far from getting most of them.

Help...help... I was only half serious :-O

Craig

World Traveller
What about when the WI got whitewashed in the two Tests and 5 ODIs v New Zealand in 99/00?

That series saw Sir Viv Richards sacked as coach (because of a new coaching requirement policy) and Brian Lara taking time out (I believe his mum got sick at around that time as well?) from cricket.

Revelation

U19 Debutant
that was bad as well as it saw Lara describing his capaincy as one with 'moderate success and devastating failure.' His mother was also very ill and dies soon after Lara took his break.

Craig

World Traveller
Revelation said:
that was bad as well as it saw Lara describing his capaincy as one with 'moderate success and devastating failure.' His mother was also very ill and dies soon after Lara took his break.
You mean 'died'?

*Sits back and waits for the backlash in 5..4..3

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
Craig said:
Well the worst from what I have seen.

I guess being out for 26 would be it, and suffering a collapse of 9-20 v Pakistan at Auckland in 2001 from would rank up there.
My dad and I went to the match when we collapsed and lost the last 9 wickets for 20. We were all set for a good day. But........usual New Zealanders we muck everything up when we are looking good!

tooextracool

International Coach
blackcapsrule said:
And Martin Crowe being given out for 299. World Cup Semi Final loss to Pakistan in 99
a bit surprised that no one has mentioned the NZ loss to pakistan in the 92 wc.....NZ undefeated throughout that wc until the semi finals and if crowe hadnt pulled that hamstring they would have won not just because of the run out but also because he didnt take to the field to defend the 260 odd. that is probably as close as NZ will ever get to winning the wc :p

Waughney

International Debutant
No doubt it would be, but I'm sure NZ fans like yourself would have been more than happy with his performance. At the very least it wouldn't be your countries worst moment!