• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What has been the worst moment in ur country's cricket history?

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
The Argonaut said:
The underarm delivery was not only Australia's worst cricketing moment but also the worst sporting moment in the country's history. I remember watching it on TV and couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Many excuses were dragged out at the time. Greg Chappell was mentally unhinged and that Australia got beaten by the West Indies in the World Series in a similar scenario (Wayne Daniels hit a six off the last ball coming in at no. 11, it was the only ball he faced I think). There is no excuse good enough though. He will never live it down. The Kiwis will always bring it up and there's nothing that we can say about it.

It's hard to find another moment that even comes close to that one.
Too true. He will never live it down and he certainly doesn't deserve to.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
The Argonaut said:
The underarm delivery was not only Australia's worst cricketing moment but also the worst sporting moment in the country's history. I remember watching it on TV and couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Many excuses were dragged out at the time. Greg Chappell was mentally unhinged and that Australia got beaten by the West Indies in the World Series in a similar scenario (Wayne Daniels hit a six off the last ball coming in at no. 11, it was the only ball he faced I think). There is no excuse good enough though. He will never live it down. The Kiwis will always bring it up and there's nothing that we can say about it.

It's hard to find another moment that even comes close to that one.
I agree. That is the worst cricketing moment in history in my mind. There is NO EXCUSE for that incident.

For New Zealand could be the thwacking in the recent test series in England.

tooextracool

International Coach
Craig said:
Eddo Brandes' destorying England in 1997 (when he took the hat-trick), and I believe Zimbabwe won 3-0 in the ODIs.
yes that is the undisputed worst period of english cricket history.....

tooextracool

International Coach
aussie_beater said:
The worst moments for India as seen by me. These were really gut-wrenching moments that I can't forget.

1) AustralAsia Cup Final in Sharjah in 1986 versus Pakistan. Miandad hits Chetan Sharma for a 6 in the last ball of the match and wins the match for Pakistan.

2) Bridgetown test versus West Indies in 1997, India all out for 81 in the second innings to lose the match.

3) India losing to SL in the 1996 world cup semi final.

4) World Cup 1992 match versus Australia in Brisbane.India lost by 1 run.

5) World Cup 1987 match versus Australia in Chennai.India lost by 1 wicket.
did you miss the test series loss to zimbabwe?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The underam incident was actually good for NZ cricket because as Martin Snedden said a few weeks back..it got New Zealanders behind the cricket team & the popularity of the sport grew.

Loony BoB

International Captain
BlackCap_Fan said:
I agree. That is the worst cricketing moment in history in my mind. There is NO EXCUSE for that incident.

For New Zealand could be the thwacking in the recent test series in England.

I wouldn't say the 3-0 loss to England was all that bad considering the circumstances. It's not like it hasn't hapened before to so many other countries in the world over our test history.

26. Undoubtedly in my mind the worst moment for NZ.

I can't help but wonder exactly which of the many options a South African would pick to be the worst... :( Lucky they've had some good times too, though.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Had NZ been totally embarrassed by England (by that I mean innings defeats..low totals etc) then the series just gone might have taken the cake.
But overall if NZ had played better in certain parts of each test they might have been able to claim a draw or a win.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I still don't think it would qualify as the worst moment in our test history. How can you compare that with 26 all out? England are a great side right now and it wouldn't be a shameful thing to lose against them. We've certainly lost to worse opposition than them before, so you couldn't say that it would be our worst ever moment in our test history. Far from it, easily. Maybe if we scored less than 100, let alone less than 50, we might compare it to 26 all out...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
The underam incident was actually good for NZ cricket because as Martin Snedden said a few weeks back..it got New Zealanders behind the cricket team & the popularity of the sport grew.
Every cloud has a silver lining!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
you cant say its the worst-ever result... but zimbabwes loss to india in the vb series was unbearable for me... all that batting left for them too!! that could of been what that series needed as well. ah well, almost

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
I wasn't alive for it, mind you i don't think any of us were!, but it wouldn't have been fun sitting there watching your team being smashed for 900 odd Hutton smashing 360 odd and then realising that Bradman had been injured and wouldn't be batting.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dark Hunter said:
I wasn't alive for it, mind you i don't think any of us were!, but it wouldn't have been fun sitting there watching your team being smashed for 900 odd Hutton smashing 360 odd and then realising that Bradman had been injured and wouldn't be batting.
Sometimes, life is just so funny, pictures are unnecessary.

This is one of those moments - you have cheered this old, tired frame up a treat.

Craig

World Traveller
Dark Hunter said:
Even if Bradman batted, I doubt Australia would have had a chance in hell.

masterblaster

International Captain
Losing to Pakistan when Sachin got out in 1999 was pretty bad.

But as many have said, the 1996 World Cup Semi Final takes the cake, will never forget the image of Vinod Kambli crying his eyes out.

Quite sad if you're an Indian supporter.