• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England 2020

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Curran batting above 5 is risky though. I would back Pope and Root to be able to get quick runs without getting out more than him.

Howe_zat

Audio File
When the last thing you saw was Chase and Roach batting, refresh the live text and see ‘Buttler out’ as the headline, it’s quite disorientating.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England should declare at around 100 IMO but they'll probably look for a few more to feel safe.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
England should declare at around 100 IMO but they'll probably look for a few more to feel safe.
I reckon they'll declare when they're 300 ahead. If WI bowl their overs at a reasonable rate, England will have 30minutes to bowl before lunch tomorrow.

vcs

I reckon they'll declare when they're 300 ahead. If WI bowl their overs at a reasonable rate, England will have 30minutes to bowl before lunch tomorrow.
Yeah that's what I think too. WI should go full defensive and ensure that they get in as many overs as they can until they get there.

OverratedSanity

There?s a very good chance of England losing by setting a fairly desperate target here. Worst way to lose if so.
Pretty much how they lost that test on the last tour too wasn't it? Or were they already 8 or 9 down... I vaguely remember some boring declaration debate that time.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There’s a very good chance of England losing by setting a fairly desperate target here. Worst way to lose if so.
That may depend on how important retaining the Wisden Trophy is to WI compared to winning the series if we do end up setting a target of 300 in 80 overs.

Jack1

International Debutant
England should declare with a 270 lead I think. Needs to be an aggressive declaration.

This should conclude Buttler's test career, no?
No. The 40 in the first innings will save him. I would have Foakes in the side over him. But a duck opening wont be held against him.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, whatever one thinks of Jos's continued selection in the test XI, it'd be appallingly iniquitous to give him the flick for perishing in the pursuit of quick runs.

Ditto Crawley.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England should declare with a 270 lead I think. Needs to be an aggressive declaration.

No. The 40 in the first innings will save him. I would have Foakes in the side over him. But a duck opening wont be held against him.
Agree with all this, unless he drops a bucketload in Windies second innings, can't really hold his batting against him this match, played for team.

For all the praise Bess gets for looking very good this series, he hasn't taken many wickets, maybe tomorrow will be the time.