• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England 2020

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blackwood has counterattacked superbly. Would deserve a hundred here if he gets one.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wood is the only Pom this dig to get any reverse. I know Archer has mostly banged it in but hasn’t got any when he’s pitched up. Clouderson has given nothing either.

**** that’s smoked

Spark

Global Moderator
Shout out to Dowrich. Faced only 29 balls in this 15-over partnership which is just great game awareness/strike rotation.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think that covers most of our options, given that WI will only need another 15 overs. I'd start with Bess and Archer, but it's looking irrelevant now.
You're probably right, but maybe first up after tea before they've settled. It's probably academic anyway. And you're right about him being under-bowled too. Those two umpires calls for LBW are as close as we've looked most of the time.

Well, I meant Wood should not be bowling. Obviously Stokes does not agree. And I would have surely tried Bess even if they had only 30 odd to get which is what it is now. I said on CW comms that Blackwood seems like a guy who might get nervous if the win is nearby, so the worst thing England can do here is to think the game is done. They will surely get another crack but if they are not up for it, that will be the game. At least that is how I think it will go.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think the decision to bowl Wood does make some sense. Reverse swing is unquestionably their best shot and they clearly feel Wood is their best proponent of it.