• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic off season 2020

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not sure why anyone would want to play Zampa in FC cricket but I suppose try, try again. He's like Lahiru Thirimanne.

Smudge80

Cricket Spectator
I'm not sure why anyone would want to play Zampa in FC cricket but I suppose try, try again. He's like Lahiru Thirimanne.
The other thing is that while you may be able to get away with a four man attack when you have Cummins, Hazlewood, Lyon and Starc you will probably need a five man attack of Abbott, Conway, Copeland, Tremain and Zampa when they are away with Australia given Zampa's first class record (you need four other bowlers in case he bombs). At least with the batting you have Larkin and Solway to cover Warner and Smith.

On reflection I would drop Dwarshuis (is he likely to play anything other than T20 and if not does he need to be on a state contract?) and Sammut (who looks the weakest of the rookies) instead of Fallins and Gibson.

My 33 man 2020/21 NSW squad:

Australia contracts: Cummins, Hazlewood, Lyon, Smith, Starc, Warner and Zampa (7)
Full contracts: Abbott, Bertus, Conway, Copeland, Edwards J, Edwards M, Fallins, Gibson, Hatcher, Henriques, Hughes, Larkin, Nevill, Patterson, Sams, Sangha, Solway, Tremain, Uppal and West (20)
Rookie contracts: Davies, Gilkes, Hackney, Hadley, Holt and Tanveer Sangha (6)

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
Australia contracts: Cummins, Hazlewood, Lyon, Smith, Starc, Warner and Zampa (7)
Full contracts: Abbott, Bertus, Conway, Copeland, Edwards J, Edwards M, Fallins, Gibson, Hatcher, Henriques, Hughes, Larkin, Nevill, Patterson, Sams, Sangha, Solway, Tremain, Uppal and West (20)
Rookie contracts: Davies, Gilkes, Hackney, Hadley, Holt and Tanveer Sangha (6)
ryan hackney!! comes from the blue mountains and played for the same club that i do, and went to the catholic school just up the road from where i live.

there is a superb lookout out the back of the school but you've got to sneak on the school grounds to get there, and you can't get there on non-school days because the school's gated off with huge gates. the lookout itself isn't fenced so it's not really the place to have a picnic if booze is on the menu but it's a sublime view. anyway, feel i've got an obligation to plug hackney given all this, gun kid who i hope succeeds in the long term. was earmarked for success young and was up in all the pathway programs and all that jazz, and evidently hasn't blown his chance to date so here's hoping!

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Word around the campfire was Bert to SA and Tim Ward to Tasmania.
Bert to SA, wow that's certainly the first I've heard of that, please do tell me more? On a full contract or just doing what Bosisto did and coming down himself and trying to earn his way in? Honestly think that seems a pretty handy pickup if true.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah that was just what I'd heard in the last couple of weeks, will advise if I hear anything more. Certaily Wardy to Tassie is meant to be a lock.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah that was just what I'd heard in the last couple of weeks, will advise if I hear anything more. Certaily Wardy to Tassie is meant to be a lock.
OK then, all good.

Tasmania have been recruiting hard over this off season, seems like they have found some extra $$$ somewhere and are more than willing to use it

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I presume they’d have got him pretty cheap off the back of only one or two second XI games, but he’s been prolific in grade and is a really good player. Hope he makes it.

Spark

Global Moderator
Just listened to Haigh and Lalor on Whateley's show last week. ****ing hell Roberts was scummy, tried to manufacture a completely fake revenue crisis (without explaining where this lost revenue was coming from in April and June) to cut grassroots cricket

social

Received pathways stuff for my son today

Massive cuts

Development back in hands of clubs apart from top 8 kids in state

No idea what is happening in country areas

Last edited:

Starfighter

Just listened to Haigh and Lalor on Whateley's show last week. ****ing hell Roberts was scummy, tried to manufacture a completely fake revenue crisis (without explaining where this lost revenue was coming from in April and June) to cut grassroots cricket
Deets? Can't say I'm surprised.

Flem274*

123/5
i feel like the last person alive who thinks forkers faulkner was a good odi player

not good to see australia has swan dived into administrative incompetence. they've been in reasonable form for a couple of decades at not aiming a shotgun towards their own genitals.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
i feel like the last person alive who thinks forkers faulkner was a good odi player
Nah, I did genuinely rate him for a fair while, even to when he was dropped he was still putting up reasonable numbers with the ball even if his batting had fallen off a cliff

not good to see australia has swan dived into administrative incompetence. they've been in reasonable form for a couple of decades at not aiming a shotgun towards their own genitals.
You must have missed David Peever and his entire reign of terror then

Flem274*

123/5
The ex mining boss who was the main architect on the pay dispute ****storm. Typical corporate spiv with his head firmly rammed up his own arse

Roberts was closely associated
grim

the global swing towards putting all eggs in the international basket is a danger to the game. domestic cricket needs to be a viable career or we'll soon be a sport with zero depth.

stephen

The players ended up winning that one. Got more than what they were initially asking for.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
WA Contract list is out

A bit to unpack here, he of bendy elbow is moving out west but we all already more or less knew that. Nathan Coulter Nile and Andrew Tye have been cut completely from the list, both were exclusively white ball players due to injuries and not being much chop as a FC bowler respectively. NCN is planning to move out to Melbourne and make himself available for the Victorian 50 over team, Tye plans to stay in Perth it looks like. Interesting that despide being kinda in the same boat with injuries Behrendorff has been retained, wonder if this mean he could try a red ball comeback? Not holding my breath on that one but it's good to know he is back fit and bowling. Simon Mackin also Victoria bound to try and revive his stalled career, and Goodwin the younger has seemingly gone back to Africa to talk about Jesus for a year

Even with the changes it still looks to be a much stronger bowling than batting side, been the case for WA for a while now

Last edited: