• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

james anderson averages 35 with the kookaburra

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnerd123

likes this
Thing is, Australians, Kiwis, Chinese or Hong Kongians really can't joke about covid without it being in poor taste (at best). If someone from the UK who had lost their parents started joking about covid, that would be fine because they're doing it to in part cope with the situation.

Context is everything with this kind of thing.
the term is Hong Konger

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some guy on wechat told me Hong Kong is a made up name anyway, you're both wrong.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You're both pretty much right. Fazal was a moderate downgrade over Fazal which makes me a shameless hypocrite but hey

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
A belated comment about Anderson's performances "Down Under". While he has struggled at times, his performances at the MCG have been fine 13 wickers at 24.2 in 3 matches there.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
While commenting on another thread about rather average record of Zaheer Khan, a thought occurred to me – what if Zaheer played for England? Would he have earned similar reputation as Anderson? Zaheer did have more injury troubles than Anderson but he did play enough to take 300 wickets even for India. Also, unlike many subcontinent pacers, he did average better away than at home.

OverratedSanity

I think he'd have gone from crappy zaheer-> genuinely world class zaheer atleast 5 years earlier than he actually did. But no way he'd have maintained that level for even close to the full decade of world class performance that Anderson did.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I think he'd have gone from crappy zaheer-> genuinely world class zaheer atleast 5 years earlier than he actually did. But no way he'd have maintained that level for even close to the full decade of world class performance that Anderson did.
I think only Bangladesh would have stuck with crap Zaheer long enough to get good Zaheer out the other end

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
A belated comment about Anderson's performances "Down Under". While he has struggled at times, his performances at the MCG have been fine 13 wickers at 24.2 in 3 matches there.
Are we to start chopping up careers into grounds, not just countries now

TheJediBrah

Are we to start chopping up careers into grounds, not just countries now
Yeah that would be pretty dumb. Especially for a sample of 3 games, all of which had vastly different conditions for bowling despite being the same ground.

trundler

Is there a cultural problem of entitlement in the UK that makes their bowlers whiny entitled brats who crumble at the first sight of adversity? Why are England producing mentally weak bowlers like Anderson and Archer as soon as they face remotely unfavorable conditions?

Status
Not open for further replies.