• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

james pattinson is 30 years old

Flem274*

123/5
what the af man.

time just keeps charging on. i tend to have him as the unlucky guy to miss out in my current aus side but man it's weird to be reminded how fast time goes.

as if his body hating him wasn't enough, covid is robbing him of his prime. covids robbing us of many players tbf. might be 5 or so years before international cricket swings back to pre-covid activity. that's half a career for your average player.

i suppose stephen fleming is gonna be 50 or something when i check. *checks* 47.

which player are you saddest to be missing out on because they're old or gonna die of covid like all the english?

Flem274*

123/5
to answer my own thread, we may have seen the last of the boss, watling and neil wagner

also kinda sad and kinda laughing smith went straight from cheating to some extra time off thanks to covid. im morbidly fascinated how many runs he can plunder and i love watching him bat as a neutral, but he's an australian cricketer so it's still funny. he'll never transcend national boundaries like ryan harris does for me.

thierry henry

International Coach
How does Pattinson seem any younger than 30 when he made his test debut (and generally announced himself on the international stage in a big way) 9 years ago? Same year Lyon, Kohli, Boult, Starc debuted. Seems like a lifetime ago tbh.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a meme you potatos

I know Bambino is a robot but I expect more from the rest of you

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I think part of it with Patto is how much he looks like he's aged in that time. Looked genuinely 21 on his test dayboo, now at 30 he looks a good 5-6 years older than he actually is. Far easier to tell that him and Darren are brothers than it once was