• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best top 5 current test pace bowlers

Best top 5 current pace bowlers

• Ishant Sharma

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • James Anderson

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • James Pattinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jason Holder

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Jasprit Bumrah

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • Jofra Archer

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Josh Hazlewood

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Kagiso Rabada

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • Kemar Roach

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Mitchell Starc

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Mohammad Abbas

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Mohammad Shami

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Neil Wagner

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Pat Cummins

Votes: 24 92.3%
  • Shannon Gabriel

• Stuart Broad

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Tim Southee

• Suranga Lakmal

• Trent Boult

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Singh767

School Boy/Girl Captain
Thanks for all who voted in narrowing the current spinners down to the top 4 current test spinners - Ashwin, Jadeja, Lyon and Yasir made it to the final 4. Then in the final it looks like Lyon has beaten Ashwin by 1 vote to win, with Jadeja 3rd.

Similar concept here, but vote in the poll for your top 5 current best test pace bowlers. Once the final 5 are chosen/voted I will create a final to pick the best 1 (which will also show some key stats etc).

Last edited:

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
Abbas
Anderson
Brumrah
Cummins
Rabada.

Side note: when was the last time RSA had one or less quick in the top 20? A century ago?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Speaking of SA quicks...I've been watching videos from a series against the Windies in 2002-03, and noticed how similar Andre Nel's mannerisms are with KG, after delivery and in follow through.

ataraxia

International Coach
NZ selectors take note:

Southee has no votes.
Boult has one vote.
Wagner has eleven votes.

Burgey

I would say Bumrah, Shami and Ishant are the top three, and Buvi at number four. Sreesanth still an all time fave I am throwing in at number five, too.

For my fellow Indian supporters, when the time is right, don't forget to vote 1 Burgey in the BOTM quarter finals in OT.

trundler

Bit hard to do without any cricket going on. Anderson has loads of credit in the bank and he's great obviously but he hadn't been in the best shape in England's last few tests. May not play a test again depending on how things pan out.

Burgey

Bit hard to do without any cricket going on. Anderson has loads of credit in the bank and he's great obviously but he hadn't been in the best shape in England's last few tests. May not play a test again depending on how things pan out.
It really isn't that obvious tbh