• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best top 5 current test pace bowlers

Best top 5 current pace bowlers

• Ishant Sharma

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • James Anderson

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • James Pattinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jason Holder

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Jasprit Bumrah

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • Jofra Archer

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Josh Hazlewood

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Kagiso Rabada

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • Kemar Roach

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Mitchell Starc

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Mohammad Abbas

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Mohammad Shami

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Neil Wagner

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Pat Cummins

Votes: 24 92.3%
  • Shannon Gabriel

• Stuart Broad

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Tim Southee

• Suranga Lakmal

• Trent Boult

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Majority of his success have come at home, if I'm not mistaken, and with the Dukes ball.
The same applies to discussing records of Murali, Harbhajan and Kumble. Murali hated bowling with SG ball and his stats against India is **** as a result. This is while he has decimated same opposition at home on silmalr grounds with Duke or Kookaburra. Harbhajan and Kumble were very good against us in India with the SG. Yet, but struggled big time with Dukes / Kookaburra on similar wickets on SL. Ashwin was the first to master Kookaburra / Dukes and he finished off us the last time we met at home.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Holder and Ishant and to an extent even Hazlewood, suffer because of their more illustrious and glamourous fast bowling colleagues in the same side - Bumrah, Roach and Cummins, IMO.

Last edited:

Bijed

International Regular
Bit hard to do without any cricket going on. Anderson has loads of credit in the bank and he's great obviously but he hadn't been in the best shape in England's last few tests. May not play a test again depending on how things pan out.
Yeah, he's still as good/better than ever, but you can tell his age is starting to catch up with him in terms of his fitness (it's amazing it hasn't already tbh). In my mind I've been treating his career as probably over, in an attempt to pre-emptively lessen the pain when when it's eventually becomes reality.

Why no one mentions Jason Holder? He had been astronomical in last two years.
Yeah, 53 wickets @ 14 since the start of 2018 is fantastic. Not too long before then people were not unresonably calling him a bit of a no-rounder, but he's been insanely good since then

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I figured Anderson's career was virtually over when he pulled up after 4 overs in the ashes.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't rule out Anderson coming back and dominating one last English home summer. The guy's longevity has been amazing. Hope he does.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't rule out Anderson coming back and dominating one last English home summer. The guy's longevity has been amazing. Hope he does.
If he gets the right conditions I could see him dominating into his 50s

well not really