• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reverse Alphabetic Draft

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
But you can't pick Mahmuddullah until your 9th pick since after him you can only get Bradman and an A.

Tbh I think it would be interesting with no Bradman penalty whatsoever. It would be a race to pick 9 whio may handicap your team enough anyway?
I don't think it would cripple you enough. I'm reluctant to allow Bradman without an artificial penalty. It's not even a huge penalty anyway since if you're going for him you'll probably be trying to pick a bunch of players in the second half of the alphabet anyway. But it does force you to pick a mediocre player (by the standards of other players that exist in this draft) and plan ahead if you want him. It also mirrors the penalty in the basic alphabet draft.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Question: Is it allowed to go back in order? Example: If I pick Kepler Wessels in round 1 shall I be allowed to go Mark Wood in round 2? Or does this move in only one way i.e. once Wessels is picked by me I can't go back to anyone with lower alphabets later?

stephen

Question: Is it allowed to go back in order? Example: If I pick Kepler Wessels in round 1 shall I be allowed to go Mark Wood in round 2? Or does this move in only one way i.e. once Wessels is picked by me I can't go back to anyone with lower alphabets later?
It only moves one way. But it does so only for each person. So you can't pick Mark Wood in round 2, but I can pick Mark Wood.

And you couldn't pick two names with the same initial anyway.

Also, alphabetisation is done by the cricinfo player pages. Mc and Mac names are alphabetically earlier than other Ma names. Pakistani players are largely alphabetised by their first names. i.e. it's Waqar not Younis.

stephen

I think that's probably enough time, if anyone wants to join in before round 1 is complete they may, but they'll go to the back of the queue for their first pick.

Order for the opening round:

weldone
trundler
Teuton
stephen
SillyCowCorner1
pothas
kingkallis
honestbharani
ataraxia
ankitj

You have sixteen hours for your first pick, eight hours for every pick thereafter. Any player who is skipped is ignored until they make their pick.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
16 hours is way too long. Some people might spend entire daytime waiting for previous drafter to pick.