• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka in Australia thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
Golf?

Well if you have played it it does take a lot of skill to be able to hit the ball straight and not hook or slice it the wrong way and your swing has to be perfect.
i agree 100%, golf is so damn hard!

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Craig said:
Golf?

Well if you have played it it does take a lot of skill to be able to hit the ball straight and not hook or slice it the wrong way and your swing has to be perfect.
I dont really know, it was rhetorical... :p

But yes I have played golf. And no, I can barely get the ball in the air, let alone across any kind of distance with any sort of direction.

Craig

World Traveller
Linda said:
I dont really know, it was rhetorical... :p

But yes I have played golf. And no, I can barely get the ball in the air, let alone across any kind of distance with any sort of direction.
Join the club (excuse the pun).

Waughney

International Debutant
Craig said:
Make sure you take heaps of photos.
Well I'm back from Cairns. You may have heard of Liam's story in his "Near Tears" thread in the off topic forum. Well, I've had a similar experience. About 50 minutes before lunch on the third day, the first day I was there, my camera (Canon Powershot A70) conked out (not sure why) So I was only able to take a few photos and I can't upload them at the moment as it is not working at all. I was so p***ed off that I couldn't've been near tears. Hopefully I might be able to post the photos up later.
Apart from that (and the occasional rain shower) I had a great time, pity Australia couldn't finish Sri Lanka off.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Waughney said:
I am very familiar with irony, it seems as though you didn't understand my post.
I do understand your post. If you understood what irony is you would understand that it is ironic that someone is complaigning about the use of technology using a computer. :dry:

Craig

World Traveller
Waughney said:
Well I'm back from Cairns. You may have heard of Liam's story in his "Near Tears" thread in the off topic forum. Well, I've had a similar experience. About 50 minutes before lunch on the third day, the first day I was there, my camera (Canon Powershot A70) conked out (not sure why) So I was only able to take a few photos and I can't upload them at the moment as it is not working at all. I was so p***ed off that I couldn't've been near tears. Hopefully I might be able to post the photos up later.
Apart from that (and the occasional rain shower) I had a great time, pity Australia couldn't finish Sri Lanka off.
Post them up anyway ifyou can.

Waughney

International Debutant
I put my camera in for repairs today, I should be able to post the few photos I was able to take in a week or two.
Mister Wright: Doesn't matter, I understand what you mean, lets not stuff around over such a small thing.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Bad luck about your camera Waughney. Where abouts were you sitting for the few days? It was very quiet on days 3 and 4, the crowds came in for the final day though. I Took around 75-80 pictures from the cricket, some are shockers as my camera isnt that great, but i will get them up soon for anyone whos interested to look at.

Waughney

International Debutant
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Bad luck about your camera Waughney. Where abouts were you sitting for the few days? It was very quiet on days 3 and 4, the crowds came in for the final day though. I Took around 75-80 pictures from the cricket, some are shockers as my camera isnt that great, but i will get them up soon for anyone whos interested to look at.
I was sitting in sect 2 (the smaller stands), but a lot of the time I was standing next to the sight screen at the opposite end to Cazaly's club. I found that to be the best view (especially when Warney and McGrath were bowling in tandem)
Day 3 was quiet but still lively on some occasions, like when everybody was throwing the vortex and toilet paper at the camera man during the rain breaks :D (he took it surprisingly well)
I think I may have seen you on the 3rd day at the close of play around the players tunnel. I thought it was you because you were holding a digital camera. Did you have with a tripod in your backpack and were you wearing an Australian shirt? (I was wearing a blue jumper with a ball in my hand)

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Thats me mate. Day 3 i was sitting on the Cazaly's club end of the stand out in the sun on the walkway rail chatting to a local, only came down to players entrance to get some snaps. Days 4 and 5 i was sitting about 5 rows back next to the players entrance. Was a alright view, but it was a good place to get some snaps of the players coming off the field ect. From memory i cant remember blue jumper and ball, saw that many people with balls waiting to be autographed it wasnt funny. You shoulda said hi, there was a good chance it would be me. You got MSN or email? I'll send some pics i got if you like. Im elnino_91 @ hotmail.com

Waughney

International Debutant
I would've half yelled out "Dave" if you came close enough but I wasn't sure if it was you and also I didn't want to lose my spot in the autograph line. AFAI remember I was the only one with a ball (that's why I was able to get some good signatures, it stood out) If would be great if you could send me some photos. Msn and e-mail: Alex_Feeney120athotmaildotcom