• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka in Australia thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
You cant compare a one off incident with the constant heckling that Murali goes through.

Constant makes it sound like all 80,000 did was have a go at him all day. 8-)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
If an Umpire is afraid of calling 'No-Ball' because of any fear then he should quit.

Fear of what?

He's been instructed not to, so the only fear would be of the sack for defying his employer...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
I haven't seen you criticising Stuart Macgill for refusing to our Zimbabwe or Criticing NZ/Eng players for withdrawing from Pakistan/India tours. This is hypocrisy.

How is not touring when given an option because of genuine terrorist fears the same as chickening out like Murali is doing?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
How is not touring when given an option because of genuine terrorist fears the same as chickening out like Murali is doing?
Murali's not touring because of terror warnings too.

Those bloomin' eyes frighten the life out of me.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
We can if his reasons aren't so pathetic.
Well what is pathetic to you is very reasonable to me. It still is better than 'INNER VOICE' reason to opt out of a tour.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
If an Umpire is afraid of calling 'No-Ball' because of any fear then he should quit.
When Sanwar Hossain was reported a year or so ago, the on-field umpires and the match referee had a meeting at the end of the second day to review video tapes and the like. There was a real possibility that further transgressions might hade resulted in the on-field umpires 'calling' him.

The Murali nonsense (because that's what it is - total, gainsaying on both sides of the fence by people who don't seem even remotely prepared to modify their level of intransigence) does give rise to the possibility of the on-field umpires getting involved again because it's already been proved that...

a) All non-doosras good
b) All doosras bad

to the satisfaction of the 'testers' (note : saying nothing about goalposts being moved here).

So - given that Murali slips in the 'odd' doosra - who calls him? The square leg umpire sees the usual flailing arms and legs, with all joints going in different directions - but can he 'pick it' from side on? Or the bowler's end umpire, just by watching the direction the ball goes? And if so, how does he discriminate between doosra, arm ball or flipper, which in turn at least hold their own?

No, I doubt we'll see any on-field umpires with any sense taking that decision lightly - and nor should we.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
1. Yes Richard Hadlee didn't tour India in 1987 due to Terrorist Threat as well
2. Daren Gough refused to tour India in 2001 because he was exhausted by defeats in Ashes
3. Alec Stewart missed the same tour to be with his family
4. Andy Caddick refused because of terrorism in India.

There are many more examples..I think most of the reasons were pathetic but I have no problems with their decisions, If a player doesn't want to play in India, It is his problem, he is the one who is going to miss out on a great experience and series. I wont call him chicken.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Constant makes it sound like all 80,000 did was have a go at him all day. 8-)
No, constant is one section of crowd booing him everytime he is getting ready to roll his arm.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
2 points:

1. If he shouldn't be playing Cricket, and he shouldn't be banned, do you want him to retire?
Let me re-write my statement,

"Whole world (including me) thinks that Murali is a Chucker and he shouldn't be playing cricket or should be banned from playing cricket."

I hope it makes sense.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Sanz said:
Let me re-write my statement,

"Whole world (including me) thinks that Murali is a Chucker and he shouldn't be playing cricket or should be banned from playing cricket."

I hope it makes sense.
No I dont think he's a chucker. He's just the best ever spinner in the sport's history. He doesn't bowl his doosra anymore.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
How blinkered are you?

The NZ players opted out (after being given the choice) because they'd been very close to being killed last time they were out there.

MacGill was taking a much-admired stand against Mugabe.

Murali is just a coward.
Well Calling names isn't going to help your cause. You may think of 'going to Australia and facing abusive fans and being harassaed by them at every step' as bravery but in my book it is stupidity. Its a Shame that because of some idiots all australian fans are going to miss Murali.

About Macgill's stance being admired, once again depends who you ask. If you ask Taibu that, he would definately not agree with you.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
ReallyCrazy said:
No I dont think he's a chucker. He's just the best ever spinner in the sport's history. He doesn't bowl his doosra anymore.
Tell this to those idiot fans who shout No-ball every time Murali runs in to bowl.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
How blinkered are you?

The NZ players opted out (after being given the choice) because they'd been very close to being killed last time they were out there.

MacGill was taking a much-admired stand against Mugabe.

Murali is just a coward.
LOL, agree exactly.

I don't see Warne or Rob Key pulling out of matches because of people saying they're pie eating fat bastards.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
LOL, agree exactly.

I don't see Warne or Rob Key pulling out of matches because of people saying they're pie eating fat bastards.
You would If people start calling 'Drug Cheat', 'Drug Cheat' every time Warnie touches the ball.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Some more exmples of players pulling out of scheduled tours for no reasons :-

1. Graham Thorpe Pulled out of Zimbabwe & SA tour in 1999
2. Brian Lara Pulled out of England tour in 2000
3. Brian Lara Pulled out of australia tour in 1995

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
Sanz said:
Some more exmples of players pulling out of scheduled tours for no reasons :-

1. Graham Thorpe Pulled out of Zimbabwe & SA tour in 1999
2. Brian Lara Pulled out of England tour in 2000
3. Brian Lara Pulled out of australia tour in 1995
You really have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, do you?

If Brian Lara pulled out of the England tour in 2000, how come he played in all five Tests?

As far as I can make out, every single thing you've said in this thread is complete balderdash, unjustified by any fact whatsoever.

Is it fun lying all the time, or are you just incredibly stupid?

Cheers,

Mike

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
badgerhair said:
You really have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, do you?

If Brian Lara pulled out of the England tour in 2000, how come he played in all five Tests?

As far as I can make out, every single thing you've said in this thread is complete balderdash, unjustified by any fact whatsoever.

Is it fun lying all the time, or are you just incredibly stupid?

Cheers,

Mike
Lara had pulled out of the tour initially but was included in the last moment.

As far as being stupid is is concerned, well Look at your own stupidity it is because of the radical outburst of stupid fans like you Murali is not touring australia.