• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODIS vs Test Matches

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
i just think ODIS are alot more exciting to watch.. seriously i mean how many people were ****ting there pants when south africa needed like 5 6s in the last over and they got like 4 lol :D

Getting rid of ODIS is just a stupid stupid idea..

What did u guys think of cricketmax ? or is nz the only country to have played it ? i liked it.. thought it was entertaining :D but it was not to much pure cricket skill just slogging but making the batter play down the ground..

Waughney

International Debutant
I'm not sure about International Cricket-Max. But maybe some domestic sides could do exhibition matches before a ODI, see how the crowds react.

PS: Who was stupid enough to put forward the idea of getting rid of ODI's?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Test cricket with its rich history and tradition has to be the best form of the game. But the Romance of a World Cup (ODI cricket) is unique in its own way. Its like loving someone you've known all your life :inlove: (and unable to bear being separated from them) and the thrill of a one night stand :in_love: . You cannot bear not having one or the other.

Until the advent of the ICC Test Cricket Championship (and ratings), and the importance of every Test series (and Test Match), there was slight apathy developing with regard to some of the Test Cricket that was played, as results were more or less predictable. However, Since the Test Championship, more people are switching back to Test cricket, although crowd attendances and TV ratings must still favour ODI's.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
anzac said:
does Astle's 222 in 168 balls (28x4s & 11x6s) come close enough?????
Yeah, it came close no doubt... Such a rare occurance to see all out cricket like that in a test match though...

ODI cricket can also be largely be thanked for the rise of people like Jonty Rhodes, and the overall improvement of skills like fielding/running between the wickets and of course fitness...

masterblaster

International Captain
I love them both. This is why cricket is such a unique game, two equally important versions of the same exact sport, with many similarities yet so many differences.

Its fantastic, no other sport even comes close to this.

I love tests the way they are, I love ODI cricket the way it is, the modern game is fantastic in my book and I wouldn't want it any other way.

The history, tradition and psychological battles of a test match vs the speed, the amazing athletic ability and cliffhangers we get from ODI's.

If your a true cricket fan, you should like both of them.

I get much joy and entertainment from both forms and I wouldn't change it for the world.