• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who won't make it to the supersix from the group of death???

muralilal

Banned
Will it be England??? or Australia or Pak???

Only 3 teams can go though, i believe India will easily cruise to the super six, a full fledge England team can make it to the super six too, that leaves Aus and Pak to battle for the third slot!

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I think Pak, india and Aus will make it through. Anything could happen though. On their day all these teams are good.

Kimbo

International Debutant
yea, i think same as tamara... i think england will be the unlucky team in that group. but, you just never know.

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
Will it be England??? or Australia or Pak???

Only 3 teams can go though, i believe India will easily cruise to the super six, a full fledge England team can make it to the super six too, that leaves Aus and Pak to battle for the third slot!

are u for real ? yeah india will cruise and others will sit and twiddle there thumbs.. :D

aussie makes it first..no question. India , eng and pak are all capable of knocking each other out..lets see

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
As I was saying, yet another deluded India fan. It's going to be Australia and Pakistan, with either India or England third. All down to their clash, and whether Zimbabwe throw a spanner in the works or not...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah i reckon it will be Australia/Pakistan to fight out the top 2 spots and England to take the 3rd...

Why do so many Indians insist that they are so easily gonna cruise into the super six....

What have they done to prove they are worthy of being considered......

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
jeez these trolls make me laugh..yeah we won a tournament. so ?
does tht make us a super power ?

there is a long way to go and i hope yuvraj and kaif are not hyped to the sky and lose their focus///

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
there is a long way to go and i hope yuvraj and kaif are not hyped to the sky and lose their focus///
That already happened. Remember the hype after Yuvraj's 89 against the Aussies in Kenya? Some people were saying he was only 'two levels below Sachin'. What toss. He's a VERY talented player but give him some time to prove just good he is before deigning him to be the prophet.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Look, lets just allow the Indian fans to share some glory. But I seriously doubt they'll cruise through to the Super Sixes.

England v India will be quite an unpredictable match & will go either way.

India have a very skilled team, well in batting anyway but I think when it comes to the crunch they just don't have the mental ability to pull themselves through when it counts.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Im afraid you're being very naive.

You can build India up all you like, but there won't be much cover for you if India fail miserably.

Lets not forget that these are one off games & if you're willing to rule England out of the match with India with still about 6 months to go, you need to check yourself in.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
I am not saying India has a confirmed entry into the super-six bout....but then no team has.And I might as well have to eat my words when I say India has a better chance of making it to the super-six then England, but then so can any other team fan including the Aussies.

[Edited on 7/22/02 by aussie_beater]

Eclipse

International Debutant
I hate to break it to you Indian suporters but your team is NOT THAT GOOD its avrage at best Australia will absoulutly thrash india in South Africa.

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
I hate to break it to you Indian suporters but your team is NOT THAT GOOD its avrage at best Australia will absoulutly thrash india in South Africa.

thx for your esteemed opinion...now i feel so educated :D :rolleyes:

jaspalsinghrana

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Aus will thrash INdia??? Are u talking about the same Aussie team that have been losing recently???

Wake up dummy's Indian team have been faring well lately, i would say India have a strong chance of making it to the finals, can't say the same about Aus(if they go without W's)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't mind fans preaching support for their team just as long as they are willing to cop the humiliation that they will recieve if their team fails.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Australia and Pakistan look like definite entrants into the super six. India and England with little to choose between them will do battle for the 3rd spot. Whoever handles pressure and the lesser lights in the group better will go through.

lankadesilva

Cricket Spectator
India is gonna be the fav's, they now have a team that can beat any team if they play upto their potential.
Thank goodness Lanka is not in India's pool, poor Aus/Pak/Eng , they all gonna face the heat at the hands of Samba Kings!

Eclipse

International Debutant
look I am really anoyed with this I actualy like india but hell you would not know it would you all.

Its just soooooooooo pre-mature to say inda are even in the top bracket of teams.

As for Australia what we lost one series to pakistan in our off season big deal we had been total thrashing SA on there home soil before that.

I hate arguing with you indian supporters but it seems you guys are the only ones who realisticly give them selfs a big chance at the WC.

Why can't u people ever give credt to others??

If anyone was at a disadvantage in the series, then it was Pak, coz they were without their two key players, were playing on ur pitches, and this indoor games were totally new to them.
U didn't lost coz of ofseason, u were simplay outplayed , a fact admitted by Ponting.

HOWEVER,
I don't think much of that series, its before the Aus performance b/f that series that was dissapointing.Ozoz lost to NZ repeatidly, Bond mocked ur batters and they had no clue atll. I belief that Aus will beat Pak in the comming series BUT they will lose to NZ 4 out of 6 times they will play with them.

I do think that NZ , along with SA and INd are the fav's for the cup!