• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

McGrath warned by Trevor Hohns

Craig

World Traveller
National Selection Panel Chairman Trevor Hohns has a selection warning or his international career may come to a close. Well that is the impression I got from this article.

I would say McGrath will be picked v Sri Lanka and they will take it from there.

Although I can imigine the outcry if McGrath is suddenly axed, which will mean goodbye Test and ODI career.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I reckon it has a lot to do with what the article says, firing him up.
I mean seriously, to axe someone after what is effectively one very short ODI series is harsh, let alone doing it to a champion.

Deja moo

International Captain
Linda said:
I mean seriously, to axe someone after what is effectively one very short ODI series is harsh, let alone doing it to a champion.
agreed.

bennyr

U19 12th Man
Linda said:
I really want to beleive that.

But this is the same selection panel that axed Michael Bevan from the contracted player list only a few months ago.

THEY CAN'T BE TRUSTED!!!

Linda

International Vice-Captain
bennyr said:

But this is the same selection panel that axed Michael Bevan from the contracted player list only a few months ago.

THEY CAN'T BE TRUSTED!!!
True..
But its also the same panel that kept Damien Martyn after a long, lean VB series who followed it up with consecutive centuries in Sri Lanka!!

THEY ARE MAGNIFICENT!! :p

bennyr

U19 12th Man
Linda said:
True..
But its also the same panel that kept Damien Martyn after a long, lean VB series who followed it up with consecutive centuries in Sri Lanka!!

THEY ARE MAGNIFICENT!! :p
It always comes back to Marto, doesn't it.

Let's see how magnificent they are when they decide Marto's too old, and that won't be too far away.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Weren't we told by Dennis Lillee the other week that McGrath was going to come back as the greatest fast bowler the world's ever seen?

Loony BoB

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
Weren't we told by Dennis Lillee the other week that McGrath was going to come back as the greatest fast bowler the world's ever seen?
Exactly what I was thinking. :p I was so disappointed, too - he took up a good 15 points in my Fantasy Cricket squad. Bastard.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
And Clarke's low 20's FC average so far! ;)
I did notice that, after he had such a good start too! These flat track bullies just fall apart when they face a bit of swing and seam :p

tooextracool

International Coach
bennyr said:

THEY CAN'T BE TRUSTED!!!
doubt they'll drop him.....the only reason they dropped bevan was because they felt that there were other batsmen in the side who were good enough to replace him. im not so sure that there are that many bowlers knocking on the door to replace mcgrath, they've already seen how slim that bowling attack looked without him and warne against india.

V Reddy

International Debutant
I don't think he will continue much longer. With 4 tests coming up in India and with the heat prevailing here, i expect him to breakdown that is if he gets selected for the tour. 34 isn't the age for making a comeback especially for a fast bowler at that .I would love to be proved wrong :)