• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

McGrath warned by Trevor Hohns

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I personally can't see McGrath lasting too much longer, in both forms of the game anyway. His prediction that he will make it to the '07 WC is laughable.

:D

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Glen McGrath is a bowler who thrives on hard work. The more he bowls, the better he gets - that has always been the way throughout his career. To judge him on 3 half arsed ODI's after 9 months out is just stupid. Ideally I would love to see him go to England for a few matches to get his technique right.

bennyr

U19 12th Man
mavric41 said:
Glen McGrath is a bowler who thrives on hard work. The more he bowls, the better he gets - that has always been the way throughout his career. To judge him on 3 half arsed ODI's after 9 months out is just stupid. Ideally I would love to see him go to England for a few matches to get his technique right.
Mavric, I'm shocked.

You do know that Glenn McGrath is a New South Welshman don't you?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
mavric41 said:
I didn't say that I would pick him.
Classic - well done.

In a similar vein, I'm reading (again) Blowers' "Cricket's Great Entertainers" - and there's a piece therein where the tale is recounted of the two Yorkshire members, discussing the side for a forthcoming test match and (inevitably) selecting their own England team.

They settled on the current Yorkshire first XI.

bennyr

U19 12th Man
Mister Wright said:
Good to see you've still got that Souths avatar proudly showing...
You know, I don't think that they have won a game since I put it on.

Maybe I should get me a Maroons avatar... :D

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
bennyr said:
You know, I don't think that they have won a game since I put it on.

Maybe I should get me a Maroons avatar... :D
LOL. No thanks, we have our own selectors to put the jinx on us.

Craig

World Traveller
masterblaster said:
Trever Hohns is an idiot. :thumbdown

(Just my opinion talking there).

:D :p :)
And how do you come to that conclusion?

There is nothing wrong in giving him a gentle reminder that he has to preform or else.

Kenny

U19 Debutant
I am not a big fan of Trevor Hohns.....the decision to drop Mark Waugh ostensibly because he was 37 and had a lean series was acceptable I suppose, but then to replace him with another 30+ player was idiotic.
And his refusal to back Steve Waugh beyond the home series against India was an utter disgrace. Why on Earth couldn't he back him? Waugh was scoring runs, he was captaining the side well.......Hohns is the one who should go. Sooner rather than later.

I believe McGrath still has plenty to offer - what, his entire future rests on his three comeback ODI?? All of a sudden he is 'on notice'? Pffft.
Hohns is a ******.

anzac

International Debutant
if Imran, Walsh & Dev can keep playing int cricket into their late 30s I don't see why McGrath can't have another 3 seasons provided he keeps healthy.......

it may mean that his role in the team may change, and that he is not an automatic pick as b4.................

in all I'd say that Hohns is just stating the obvious, that as the ACB has already made some harsh / controversial player decisions, that McGrath will not get any preferential treatment if he does not start to perform or show signs of improving..........

the SRL series at home will be a good indicator of where he is at etc..............

Craig

World Traveller
Kenny said:
I am not a big fan of Trevor Hohns.....the decision to drop Mark Waugh ostensibly because he was 37 and had a lean series was acceptable I suppose, but then to replace him with another 30+ player was idiotic.
And his refusal to back Steve Waugh beyond the home series against India was an utter disgrace. Why on Earth couldn't he back him? Waugh was scoring runs, he was captaining the side well.......Hohns is the one who should go. Sooner rather than later.

I believe McGrath still has plenty to offer - what, his entire future rests on his three comeback ODI?? All of a sudden he is 'on notice'? Pffft.
Hohns is a ******.
That is the nature of cricket, if you don't preform you do not make the team.

Kenny

U19 Debutant
Craig said:
That is the nature of cricket, if you don't preform you do not make the team.
So how does that relate to Hohns refusal to back Steve Waugh? He WAS performing......Hohns should be replaced.
Equally, I have no problem with 37 year old being replaced in an ageing team - except when it is by a 32 year old.

Craig

World Traveller
Well given that he has done a good job, I do not think Hohns will be going anywhwere. So he and his selection panel members also made the decision, should they be axed as well?

I seem to remember Mark Waugh was not in earth shattering form when he got dumped from the ODI side.

Who should of replaced Mark Waugh? Michael Clarke?