• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket returning to normal

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
*cities. HK is a city in China. Don’t fall for the ***** mythologizing of the joint. He might not like it, but it’s a city in China.
Have to admit I googled whether it was a city or a country beforehand, and ran with country.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
And I wouldn't be paying too much attention to new cases if I was you as the number of tests carried out is being increased every day. More tests = more confirmed cases
Yeah, but that only confirms that you should've been paying more attention when less tests were being carried out. Those number of confirmed cases were not representative of the actual spread. The increase in tests are painting the real picture, which is horrendous.

I think my country will be back to as close to normal as any country in the world by June...because we acted reasonably early, are as a rule a socially compliant nation and as an island nation can close our borders down fairly readily for a period of time. So I think if cricket happened in June here, we'd be a good chance (without crowds etc). But in the UK, no way.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Conspiracy theory #624:

This is simply the latest in a long line of scams developed and instituted by Cricket Australia to avoid having to tour Bangladesh

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have to admit I googled whether it was a city or a country beforehand, and ran with country.
Wiki as accurate as Google, I suppose:

"Hong Kong (/ˌhɒŋˈkɒŋ/(listen); Chinese: 香港, Cantonese:[hœ́ːŋ.kɔ̌ːŋ](listen)), officially the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China (HKSAR), is a city and special administrative region of China in the eastern Pearl River Delta by the South China Sea. With over 7.4 million people of various nationalities[SUP][d][/SUP] in a 1,104-square-kilometre (426 sq mi) territory, Hong Kong is one of the most densely populated places in the world."

Obviously no issue ***** is very dense, but it's certainly a slur on the rest of the populace, you'd reckon.

Last edited:

Tom Flint

International Regular
Yeah, but that only confirms that you should've been paying more attention when less tests were being carried out. Those number of confirmed cases were not representative of the actual spread. The increase in tests are painting the real picture, which is horrendous.

I think my country will be back to as close to normal as any country in the world by June...because we acted reasonably early, are as a rule a socially compliant nation and as an island nation can close our borders down fairly readily for a period of time. So I think if cricket happened in June here, we'd be a good chance (without crowds etc). But in the UK, no way.
If only David Clark was as compliant as the rest of you eh? Strange how such a man can hold his position

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If only David Clark was as compliant as the rest of you eh? Strange how such a man can hold his position
Only until this whole thing ends then he’s absolute gone burger. Dead man walking and still there only because it would be disruptive to bring someone else in that lacks the specific knowledge tied to that role.

One of the great **** ups of our time. Driving 20kms for a family walk and then another closer trip for a mountain bike - all in a van emblazoned with his face upon it. Him, the Health Minister during an unprecedented health crisis. Amazing scenes

Tom Flint

International Regular
Lol Scotland had the same thing yesterday. Their minister said in a speech not to go to second homes and to stay where you are. The next day she drove her family to their coastal home

ImpatientLime

International Regular
only america saw more people die in the past 24 hours due to covid 19 than the uk. reckon you're a bit off mate.