• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket returning to normal

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nothing against India at all

Australia & NZ are islands in the middle of nowhere with small populations, high standards of living and quality healthcare

They MIGHT recover in a few months

India, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc

No chance

International cricket is dead for a few years IMO

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is India really that bad? hadn't heard about it much tbh. Though I guess it makes sense that they would struggle with it given their population and public health issues.
The amount of people living in poverty means it will rampage through large parts of the country. When you see countries like America and Italy unable to control it what hope does India have?

social

The amount of people living in poverty means it will rampage through large parts of the country. When you see countries like America and Italy unable to control it what hope does India have?
It’s really sad

Huge numbers of people living in poverty without drinking water

45 million are currently travelling home without testing or adequate healthcare

This is going to get way worse

flibbertyjibber

It’s really sad

Huge numbers of people living in poverty without drinking water

45 million are currently travelling home without testing or adequate healthcare

This is going to get way worse
Much like Brazil and many other countries where poverty is rife it is hard to think about the consequences in the coming months.

stephen

These countries are pinning their hopes on the current lockdowns keeping the virus out of their countries. It might work. And it might delay the disease long enough for a vaccine to be created. Or it may not and that's quite sad.

duffer

The test cricket championship has been completely destroyed, some countries may not be able to tour for up to five years. India is my biggest concern, IPL relies on international participation which is going to be difficult to restore. Unfortunately India has the most to lose here.
Nah, we'd all still watch as long as the big name Indian players play. People are that fanatical about it.

I just pray this lockdown and closing of borders works here. Else I'm back to Australia with the family as soon as I can. Although when/if the situation normalises there is unknown too I guess.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Depends on how the country's leadership tackles it though. It maybe worse down there.. Folks in US wishing they could be in India on call just 15 mins ago with me.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I think there's a consensus that the vaccine is going to be the point where we can get some sort of normality back and continue with sport as we remember. No sooner than that, certainly in terms of international fixtures.

Flem274*

123/5
i do wonder if we'll be discussing pre-corona/post-corona when looking at the careers of current players now. the plague has hit right when the fab four are in their primes and guys like ross taylor, james anderson and even stuart broad might not play another test.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Lockdown restrictions could lift in start of may in England
Sorry mate. Your country is in a full blown crisis. 500+ deaths a day, new cases rising at an alarming rate, the deaths per 1m population is one of the highest in the world. You've got a long battle on your hands and county cricket is not a priority.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Sorry mate. Your country is in a full blown crisis. 500+ deaths a day, new cases rising at an alarming rate, the deaths per 1m population is one of the highest in the world. You've got a long battle on your hands and county cricket is not a priority.
We'll see where we are at in a couple of months. Cricket is not a priority at all and no body is suggesting that I live in one of the worst hit areas of London and we are all terrified. However terrible this is now I think it can be over the worst in June and life will start returning to normal. But maybe I'm just being too positive.

Tom Flint

International Regular
And I wouldn't be paying too much attention to new cases if I was you as the number of tests carried out is being increased every day. More tests = more confirmed cases

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
We'll see where we are at in a couple of months. Cricket is not a priority at all and no body is suggesting that I live in one of the worst hit areas of London and we are all terrified. However terrible this is now I think it can be over the worst in June and life will start returning to normal. But maybe I'm just being too positive.
So your medical expertise has already put it back a month then.

Burgey

The thing is, 9 months isn't a long time in terms of developing a vaccine. In fact it's a very short period of time. We've seen other countries* like Hong Kong contain the virus and bring their number of cases down, only to strip back their response and find the virus re-enter and create a second wave. We're all guessing but I'm guessing there's very strong measures that happen now, but also later on to ensure the problems don't continue to arise.

If they're going to move the Olympics back a year, I'd say much less important sports scheduling on an international scale will head the same way.
*cities. HK is a city in China. Don’t fall for the ***** mythologizing of the joint. He might not like it, but it’s a city in China.