• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adventures on International Cricket Captain 2019

cnerd123

likes this
I'm not interested in a running diary of your ICC sessions. We already have a thread for this in the cricket games subforum. We don't need one in cricket chat.

I thought this was going to be a story. One with characters, scorecards, stats, narratives, drama, twist and turns. You know, to fill the void left by all RL cricket being cancelled!

Instead this is just a shallow progress update of a game that only you are playing. We can't see anything of what you're talking about. No one's going to enjoy this.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I'm not interested in a running diary of your ICC sessions. We already have a thread for this in the cricket games subforum. We don't need one in cricket chat.

I thought this was going to be a story. One with characters, scorecards, stats, narratives, drama, twist and turns. You know, to fill the void left by all RL cricket being cancelled!

Instead this is just a shallow progress update of a game that only you are playing. We can't see anything of what you're talking about. No one's going to enjoy this.

Not true.. I am. :p

And hey, if you want me to bollywood this up, its gonna take time. For the moment, let me sink my teeth into the game. The first rule of cooking is to get your base dish down pat, before you can start adding the masalas. M still at the base camp, my friend.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Screenshot_20200322-205327.jpg

Screenshot_20200322-205339.jpg

Screenshot_20200322-205334.jpg

So the semis happened. India topped the league with 8 wins off 9 games and we got Afghanistan in the semis. Blew them away as expected.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The other semi was between RSA and Pak and Pakistan won, setting up an amazing WC final against India at Delhi.

Screenshot_20200322-210447.jpg

Screenshot_20200322-210442.jpg

Screenshot_20200322-210436.jpg

Won the toss, batted first, posted a good score, strolled to a win in front of the home fans, kept the streak alive etc. etc.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And some highlight games from the IPL 2023 so far....

Bowling out RCB (:laugh:) for 52, and chasing it down within the powerplay, defending 140 and 120 by bowling out sides for two digit scores thrice, and a very close game where we won when the opponent needed something like 10 off the last 2 with 4 wickets in hand. :)

Screenshot_20200322-214834.jpg

Screenshot_20200322-215450.jpg

Screenshot_20200322-211913.jpg

Screenshot_20200322-215053.jpg

Flem274*

123/5
i see not much has changed since the heady days of icc 2011 where stephen murdoch and dean brownlie were genuine atg batsmen for me

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Glorious.

I think in a 2014 game once I had Daryl Mitchell averaging 70 in tests and in Ben Wheeler's first game he took a triple (?) hattrick. Southee was the same, bowled brilliantly but never appreciated him enough despite his long service with barely any black marks.

Might fish around for the screenshot of that Wheeler one, still have it somewhere.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
I have a bunch of old ICC screenshots saved somewhere on my computer that I should share

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm horrible at limited overs bowling. Do you set your own fields in T20s? The most defensive default setting is so bad, both mid on and off are in the circle lol.

_Ed_

I'm pretty lazy with T20 field settings. I go down to one bar for the powerplay, then down to zero after that - the default field setting is better that way.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That must have been one whirlwind knock from Rishab Pant in the second innings.

The entire game was so high scoring and moving so fast... ICC usually does not let games unfold that way. We hardly crack 200 in T20s lol.

I'm horrible at limited overs bowling. Do you set your own fields in T20s? The most defensive default setting is so bad, both mid on and off are in the circle lol.
I do set my own fields for the LO games, go by some of the templates for tests and FC games. The good thing is once you have set up a manual field for the LO games, you just have to do few more clicks to enable it everytime. And sometimes if I think I have a good enough total on the board, I can be lazy with my field settings, esp. if I have got early wickets. I only set the non-powerplay fields, to be more precise.

I'm pretty lazy with T20 field settings. I go down to one bar for the powerplay, then down to zero after that - the default field setting is better that way.

At times, but I find it more useful to play with that in the tests and FC games.

_Ed_

I always enjoy flicking through the scorecards for other games, and especially the close ones. Saw a couple of ridiculous results today:

* Zimbabwe bowled India out for 119 in a T20,... but then got knocked over for 118 (Bumrah 3-11).

* Quite the test between England and Pakistan - England 186 all out, Pakistan 148 all out, England 204 all out. That left Pakistan a target of 243, and at one stage they were cruising at 217-3 (Azhar Ali 81, Sarfraz 80). But they ended up being nine down by the time they limped home! (Woakes 5-47, Broad 3-55).

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol.. the sim seems to think Prithvi Shaw, Shubman Gill, Rishab Pant and Kuldeep Yadav are absolute guns. But I have seen Kohli, Smith fail like no one's business. Think botth of them average below 50 and I am in the year 2023. Root and KW seem to be on fire though. RSA is ridiculously strong for whatever reason. They blanked us (India) 3-0 in RSA. NZ blanked us 2-0 in NZ too, so some things do seem real. :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Also Ed, in the 2019 version in the settings there is an option to keep the user field settings as the default. Guess if you check that one on, it should at least keep ur last field as the default.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Couple of interesting things I wanted to share. If Prithivi Shaw really has stats like in the image below, will be he the greatest opener of all time bar none?

Screenshot_20200413-130602.jpg

And this was my Eden 2001 moment in this game so far:

Screenshot_20200413-080730.jpg

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This really is a batting line up to die for, and got couple of left handers in the top 6 for variety too:

Screenshot_20200604-181620.jpg Screenshot_20200604-181631.jpg

And Prithivi Shaw continues to be God in this game. At least Shri will appreciate.. :)

Screenshot_20200604-182620.jpg

And a run fest of a test I would love to watch in real life:

Screenshot_20200604-182459.jpg