• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India Feature: News From The Dressing Room

NikhilN

International Regular
Not bad Popat laal...read some of it and liked it so far...going to read the rest soon...keep up the good work

Last edited:

Slow Love™

International Captain
I liked it, and I agree that the double play rule should never see the light of day. I'm hoping that Harbhajan can make it back for the Australian tour, and Zaheer's misfortune has been a blessing in disguise of sorts for the Indian fast bowling attack.

Given the tagline, however, I might have expected a little more said regarding sweaty, flushed and winking dressing room action. That aspect was a little misleading.

Sudeep

International Captain
Slow Love™ said:
I liked it, and I agree that the double play rule should never see the light of day. I'm hoping that Harbhajan can make it back for the Australian tour, and Zaheer's misfortune has been a blessing in disguise of sorts for the Indian fast bowling attack.

Given the tagline, however, I might have expected a little more said regarding sweaty, flushed and winking dressing room action. That aspect was a little misleading.
Thanks.

And that ingredient will come with time, more so because there isn't much action for India ATM.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Nice job Sudeep.

Poor Kale , he only did what everyone was used to in the Junior and Ranji Cricket and tried to apply it in the Intl cricket too :D . BTW, Harbhajan has decided not to play the Lashings game :)

Sudeep

International Captain
V Reddy said:
BTW, Harbhajan has decided not to play the Lashings game :)
Yes I read that in today's paper.

:@ Bhajji decides to withdraw just a day after I did a feature on him agreeing to play for Lashings.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
About Harbhajan and Zaheer, they were at their best in mid 2002, but injuries have weakened them. Good page. However, I don't agree about Powar not being up to the mark. He was challenging the Pakistani batsmen and except for the odd six hit, he bowld quite well, but was not given enough opportunities. In fact, he is yet another casualty of the captain's personal likes and dislikes, and is a much better batsman and bowler than what his figures suggest.

He is an attacking bowler, who tries out different deliveries, rather than just restrict, like all the Ashley Giles pretenders of today. He looks for wickets. He can turn the ball a little, and given the fact that the Indians can play spin a lot better than other teams (and that they have better spinners), he deserves an extended run. Ajit Wadekar rates Powar as the best off-spinner in India, and with good reason. Given the team's weaknesses in pace, which has failed repeatedly, the Powarman must return. He can turn a match on its head, given a try. A lot of former and current players rate him highly, so he can't be as bad as many suggest.