• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next Great Batsmen

MrPrez

International Debutant
From South Africa, I reckon Markram is the guy to watch.

His form may be slumping now but he has a lot of young ABDV about him - lots of good looking starts but throws his wicket away.

In time I reckon he'll sort that out and once he does, the talent is endless.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I am going to pick BOP Fernando here. Plays pace better than any Sri Lankan at the moment and still he is 22.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure he’s there yet
Yeah head is still a decent distance from that level. He's still throwing starts away consistently even at shield level to stupid shots or plain terrible footwork. He's got alot of talent but still extremely doubtful on his ability to last long term.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
I think Rachin will have to do really well to send the other Ravindra into obscurity. As a start, he should learn sword dance.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Labuschagne is the clear answer here.

He topped the 2019 test run scoring in his first season in test cricket. Is currently the #4 ranked test batsman.

Will be the Australian test #3 for the next decade and has already demonstrated close to the best temperament and hunger for runs I've seen other than Kohli or Smith.

He's a 25+ century type, at an average of close to 47-50 imo.

I.e something similar or slightly better than Hashim Amla's career.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Think Glenn Phillips will be in this conversation if he gets ample opportunity. Would like to see him at #5 when Taylor retires.