• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**** Official **** Australia in South Africa 2020

Heboric

International Debutant
1st T20I, (N) at Johannesburg, Feb 21 2020
2nd T20I, at Port Elizabeth, Feb 23 2020
3rd T20I, (N) at Cape Town, Feb 26 2020

1st ODI, (D/N) at Paarl, Feb 29 2020
2nd ODI, (D/N) at Bloemfontein, Mar 4 2020
3rd ODI, at Potchefstroom, Mar 7 2020

Nice to see Paarl get a game, great crowd support for their MSL games

The man with all the cool nicknames - Glenn Maxwell is out of the tour

Australia ODI squad:

Aaron Finch (captain), Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitchell Marsh, D'Arcy Short, Kane Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa

Australia T20 squad:

Aaron Finch (captain), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Marsh, D'Arcy Short, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So good to see Dermo Sabba Abbott on tour. Will circuit up a storm over there.

Also, Paarl is a seriously beautiful part of the world.

TheJediBrah

Funny how the T20s are the main attraction these days, scheduled at the bigger population centres and the ODIs almost an afterthought played at the smaller venues

Shady Slim

International Coach
why is this not tour being held in oz, and sa can just stay through the WT20? like is there something i’m missing or

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
why is this not tour being held in oz, and sa can just stay through the WT20? like is there something i’m missing or
I could be wrong, but didn’t Australia not play any limited overs cricket when they last toured South Africa, and this is the rather convoluted completion of that engagement?
Think South Africa did a similar thing when they recently toured Australia as their previous tour excluded any limited overs games.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Teams have been splitting test and LO legs of their tours, esp. the longish ones for a while now. Pity India have not gotten there yet as I feel it would benefit our team the most if we were able to do that.

Daemon

Teams have been splitting test and LO legs of their tours, esp. the longish ones for a while now. Pity India have not gotten there yet as I feel it would benefit our team the most if we were able to do that.
We've done that with Australia haven't we?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
David Warner to start some sort of physical conflict with either a crowd member or a member of the South African side and be permanently banned from international cricket.

Heboric

International Debutant
David Warner to start some sort of physical conflict with either a crowd member or a member of the South African side and be permanently banned from international cricket.
Nah, I think it will be uneventful, ODI/T20 tours normally are. Unless Warner tries to steal Fafs hair gel

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Jeez steyn+Rabada in T20 is so dangerous but I really dont like that south African batting line up.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Came back in a couple games well but Ngidi isn't the same bowler he was. No longer hits the bat hard with good pace. Wicket seems to have some life, so this is a great start from Australia.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah.. Wagner's has some thought behind it. This is some next level stupidity here from RSA think tank and their fast bowlers. Pitch is spicy, ball is hooping around at pace if you pitch it up, so of course bowl either short and wide or just short and at the hips. I mean when your short balls are being tonked over cover for one bounce fours, it is obvious that you should not be doing it.