• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**** Official **** Australia in South Africa 2020

Woodster

International Captain
Dont think Australia will fancy to chase 280 here
Think they’ll still back themselves, nothing much happened off the pitch or through the air (barring that very first delivery) and the top four will be confident of chasing down around 300 or below.

But fair play to SA for setting a total here, thought the wheels may come off when they were three down relatively early but Klaasen has done exceptionally well and batted sensibly in getting them to this point. If Miller can produce a finish to this innings that we know he’s capable of it could give Australia a real problem.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Every now and again, Miller reminds us of his existence with a decent knock against Australia in a JAMODI.

slippy888

International Captain
I think Australia let it slip they had South Africa 50-3 they where probable thinking they would roll them over for 220

Woodster

International Captain
I think Australia let it slip they had South Africa 50-3 they where probable thinking they would roll them over for 220
Yes from that position Australia will inevitably be disappointed that they couldn’t just get a couple more quick wickets and really compound SA’s bad start. However, this is a pretty decent deck without many demons at all, as Klaasen has shown.

Miller just going too hard here, just really forcing it. Bat on ball and let Klaasen finish the innings off.

Spikey

well no, they should aim to score 54 runs, given that's the maximum amount of runs they could score from 7 legitimate balls

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Exceptionally stupid decision making to be running a bye to the keeper only to give the no.8 strike when you're 119*. Been appropriately punished as well

Woodster

International Captain
Good total this, good rebuild at the start, must admit I had them down for folding for just over 200, so just under 300 gives them something to defend here. Couple of early ones with the new ball will make this look a daunting target, but it’s more likely that Warner and Finch get the Aussies off to a flyer.

Woodster

International Captain
Exceptionally stupid decision making to be running a bye to the keeper only to give the no.8 strike when you're 119*. Been appropriately punished as well
You questioning Klassen after what he done today

Even if it wasn’t the most intelligent cricket, it’s a tad unfair to be criticising Klaasen after how he’s led SA to this total.

Spikey

it's more a thing in T20, but batsmen are typically exceptionally stupid like this. i think it's because they don't want to be called selfish by refusing a run but really it ends up being more selfish (not that taking the single is very selfish at all, but refusing a single is even less so!)

SeamUp

International Coach
Even if we lose I am just happy to see a well constructed team innings (even after early trouble) which included a 100. It also has some inexperienced players. Hopefully find some answers along the way.

Last edited:

slippy888

International Captain
Even if we lose I am just happy to see a well constructed team innings (even after early trouble) which included a 100. It also has some inexperienced players. Hopefully find some answers along the way.
How many more losses can you settle for

slippy888

International Captain
Need to get out Warne quickly to open up the game for South Africa the middle order for Australia is below average