• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Interesting article on Glenn McGrath

bennyr

U19 12th Man
twctopcat said:
Frustration, me? No. I'm not angry at the aussies for having beaten us for so long, as they have been the better team throughout. I just hope we can turn the tables. I have no doubt that Mcgrath will come back, but will he be as good? I don't think so ( i hope).
Well, let's face it, he has a lot of room to go backwards. I guess the concern for us Aussies is that the guy has gained much of his success by being able to put it on exactly the same spot 19 times out of 20. If he loses much of that consistency he will come right back to the field and your hopes will be realised.

Then you just need another freak injury to Gillespie and another suggestion from Shane's mum. And that's not entirely unrealistic.

That said, I still want to see another pulverising, and I think I will. My memories go back further than 1989.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
twctopcat said:
Has the urn finally gone down under then? Up until recently all the aussies got was a glass replica and it remained at lords. Mainly because the original urn was so brittle and for fear of breaking.
To be honest i hope Mcgrath plays next year so we can inflict damage upon him and really make him suffer as we end 17 years of waiting.
Seeing as they damaged the replica anyway, would YOU trust them with the original?

It'd come back with barbie ashes in it - and a couple of prawns, no doubt.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Waughney said:
At least it's cold Wombat pee, not that warm stuff like you have over there :p
You make it sound as though drinking cold 'beer' is a pleasurable experience - it isn't. Same as this 'cold Guinness' nonsense. Which bright spark dreamed that one up?

PY

International Coach
Even more stupid is the 'Carling Extra Cold'. It's a lager so it's already cold so what's the point?

I have to admit though, Eddie, as much as I enjoy a pint of traditional Guinness....I had a Guinness Extra Cold the other day and found it slightly more refreshing. It could just be a psychological thing though because I had just come out of an exam. :)

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
Well I think his idea to try on as a first change bowler is an intellectual one.

Moving on last I read on rediff that Shaun Tait will probably tour India and could possibly act as Brett Lee's enforcer so there is no way that Tait will replace Mcgraa's role.

I think Kaprowicz is best placed to do so.

as we can see since the Ashes in 2002, mcgraa hasn't really performed to his potential, against the three weaker teams like WI then Bangladesh then Zim, his performances were not awe inspiring in the least.

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:
And get smacked around as the Urn is restored to its rightful ownership?

Sounds good to me!
Well 2005 is your best chance since 1997 and England have the players to do well anything.

bennyr

U19 12th Man
Craig said:
The beer I have tasted isn't that bad.
I get the feeling that Lucky Eddie doesn't think it's real beer unless it's warm, flat, is about 28% alcohol and carries a name like "Scruttocks Old Dirigible".

Fair enough. If I was an English cricket supporter I'd want a very alcoholic drink too.

PY

International Coach
bennyr said:
I get the feeling that Lucky Eddie doesn't think it's real beer unless it's warm, flat, is about 28% alcohol and carries a name like "Scruttocks Old Dirigible".

Fair enough. If I was an English cricket supporter I'd want a very alcoholic drink too.
:laugh:

You think right.