• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Have you seen any?

Waughney

International Debutant
Throughout last season (Australian) I saw someone in my competition, about 18, bowling with what I thought was a suspect action :huh: . I have also had my suspicions about 2 others (but haven't them seen since). I was just wondering if anybody else has seen someone with a suspicious action to see how common this is around the world, and if the predictions of some senior players (can't remember who) about people trying to imitate their favourite stars (who have a cloud of suspicion above their action) will just end up 'chucking' or 'throwing' the ball, with an action that looks a bit similar.
Anyone?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I understand from friends that it is very common in youngsters in both Pakistan and Sri Lanka. I won't be surprised if it spreads all over.

Good job ICC.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Im sure its rife in Sri Lanka...

Personally ive seen about 3 people bowl with pretty appaling actions.. Two medium pacers and one off spinner.. One guy sorted his out (although it took a while)..

Tom Halsey

International Coach
There is one with a suspect action in the Essex U15 team.

It annoys the hell out of him, because he has since had it proved that he doesn't chuck. Doesn't stop the opposition saying he does though...

Although to be fair to the naked eye it isn't the best of actions.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Tom Halsey said:
There is one with a suspect action in the Essex U15 team.

It annoys the hell out of him, because he has since had it proved that he doesn't chuck. Doesn't stop the opposition saying he does though...

Although to be fair to the naked eye it isn't the best of actions.
Says the guy who still insists Murali chucks..

I've seen plenty of iffy deliveries in nets and school U11 Kwik Cricket games.. no-one at a decent level, mind.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tom Halsey said:
Sorry, but hasn't it been proved recently that he DOES chuck CERTAIN deliveries?
Correction 1 delivery, a relatively new one at that (and you have accused him of chucking before that delivery...)

Craig

World Traveller
As much have I tried, I find it impossible to land the ball or pitch it at all bowling with a dodgy action.

I have tried bowling similar to Murali, but can not land it at all.

Waughney

International Debutant
I don't think many people can, probably because his action is not yet fully understood.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Correction 1 delivery, a relatively new one at that (and you have accused him of chucking before that delivery...)
Because I dont believe he put full effort in for his off spinner Tests.

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
In my school about 5 people chuck off-spin (imitating Murali somewhat), and I think about 3 others that chuck fast-bowling. Although none of them make it to the school team...but still, its a bad influence.