• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in Pakistan 2020

AluminiumBat

Cricket Spectator
Can't wait for these tests. Feels huge for Pakistan. I'm hearing some of the Bangladeshi boys aren't up for turning out for it though? That's up to the individual I suppose but it's a bit of a disaster if it persists (won't be longer before accusations of benificiary status for Pakistan in the test championship and all that nonsense). Anyone know who isn't turning out?

cnerd123

likes this
Mushy is skipping this tour isn't he? And Shakib is banned.

Glad cricket is back in Pak, but this event is a bit of a non event. BD gonna get smashed, just have to hope for some good signs from the youngsters. The seniors going off the boil a bit is disappointing, but that's to be expected in away tours at this point. They only seem to perform in home series (where BD stands a realistic chance at victory), or in global tournaments (where they can pull off a few upsets)

Also we suck so bad in T20s

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Tamim was never a good t20 option. Its better for him as well as for us if we leave him out of t20s. Its just not his game. Fizz came back well in bpl but atm bowling wayward. Its frustrating that he did not learn how to pitch it up or swing it in to the right handers by this time. Too predictable with his length. Would like to see how Hasan Mehedi goes. I don’t see how playing Soumya down so low helps the team. Liton should be dropped for good.

1) Nazmul Shanto
2) Naeem Sheikh
3) Soumya Sarkar
4) Liton
5) Mahmudullah
6) Afif
7) Mahedi
8) Aminul
9) Shafiul
10) Al Amin
11) Hasan Mehedi

thecricketstory

Cricket Spectator
Test squads announced:

Pakistan Squad: Azhar Ali (Capt), Abid Ali, Imam-ul-Haq, Shan Masood, Babar Azam, Asad Shafiq, Harris Sohail, Fawad Alam, Mohammad Rizwan, Yasir Shah, Imran Khan, Mohammad Abbas, Shaheen Afridi, Bilal Asif, Naseem Shah, Faheem Ashraf

Bangladesh Squad: Mominul Haque (Capt), Tamim Iqbal, Saif Hasan, Najmul Hossain, Mahmudullah Riyad, Mohammad Mithun, Liton Das, Taijul Islam, Nayeem Hasan, Ebadat Hossain, Abu Jayed, Al-Amin Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Soumya Sarkar.

thecricketstory

Cricket Spectator
Tamim has just hit 334 not out, which is the best score in Bangladesh's first-class cricket. Feel that this Bangladesh side can provide a stiff challenge to Pakistan.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Tamim has just hit 334 not out, which is the best score in Bangladesh's first-class cricket. Feel that this Bangladesh side can provide a stiff challenge to Pakistan.
Don’t think so. We got thrashing from India in tests not so long ago.

Mominul yet to show anything that suggests he’s up for captaincy. I’d not bank on Mullah to score big in tests and without Mushfiq the middle order looks vulnerable. Nothing in the bowling attack. Nazmul Shanto must play and open with Tamim. Looking forward to watching him play.

Flametree

International 12th Man
the first test is live on youtube (channel 9) if anyone is interested. This looks a challenge for this Bangladesh xi....

cnerd123

likes this
Is it live on YouTube legally? I checked a couple and it looks like they're just ripping off the Sony TV feeds.

Poor start from BD.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Im very interested in the outfield grass, its so depressing. I know last test was the same or similar, but it just makes it less fun.

I have no problem with the pitch though. Offered a fair bit for the bowlers.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Been impressed by the patience and mental strength Mithun has shown so far, hopefully he goes big and puts up a half decent total for bangladesh.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh should have shown more application. Too many soft outs. Also Pakistan blooding another 16 year old instead of at least sending him to the u19 world cup.