• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2020

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I would love to see one of the newer guys trialled. Saini or even Siraj or Shardul, both of whom have far better red ball stats than white ball stats. But I think it will be Umesh. Kohli loves him way too much. If Umesh can actually hit his usual speeds, may well be the fastest attack we have ever fielded with all 3 regularly 140+ kph.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Umesh deserves his go even though I feel he is not suited to those pitches. New age Ishant is actually the perfect first change seamer in those conditions. Ah well, hope for the best.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I think Ishant and Bumrah took the new ball in WI when we had our first choice attack available. I guess it's flexible.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Series against Eng is in 2021 Jan iirc. In November, we play Aussies down under for a 4 test series after the T20 WC.

nzfan

Bit of a set back for India losing Dhawan I suppose. Good for us. Shaw now in the one day team, fully deserving I guess. He's been scoring heaps in domestic cricket I see. Sanju Samson in T20 is a gun player. He's going to cause us some headaches. Shaw a very good aggressive player but I'd rather have us bowling to Shaw than Dhawan. Geez Dhawan scores all around and besides he's a left hander. Now India have right handers at the top of the inning and all the way through to lower middle order which is good news for our bowlers.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

https://scoring.nzc.nz/#m4026f91d-6d47-401d-aa8a-cd734233eb4a

India A have won the toss and have elected to bowl

R Ravindra
GH Worker
GD Phillips
TC Bruce*
TA Blundell†
JDS Neesham
CE McConchie
TD Astle
KA Jamieson
AY Patel
JA Duffy
OR Newton (12th)

PP Shaw
Mayank Agarwal
S Gill*
SV Samson†
SA Yadav
V Shankar
KH Pandya
AR Patel
RD Chahar
KK Ahmed
Mohammed Siraj

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Getting punished with dislikes for their tech failure. I would've been running a few tests in those NZ XI games, but these guys probably don't really have their heart in it. 3:30am start in India, so it could've been worse.

If you want to stick this link in a browser that plays rather than downloads mp4s, change the over and ball number on the end and hit return, you can watch a bit more of the game that way.
https://pooch.azureedge.net/4026f91d-6d47-401d-aa8a-cd734233eb4a/1_001_01.mp4

nzfan

Game is not live... bugger Ravindra out. Hope Phillips gets a big one here. I suppose Ravindra's pull shot he got out to is from having played loads of T20s recently. He's under it and trying to blast it.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Rachin seems to be throwing it away a lot after getting to a middling score. Hopefully he'll learn.

Phillips run out was god awful.

nzfan

Rachin seems to be throwing it away a lot after getting to a middling score. Hopefully he'll learn.

Phillips run out was god awful.
Why didn't Phillips ground the bat and he barely took off for the first one. Run your first run hard boy. Looks like he was too relaxed.

The pitch looks to be up and down on pooch. Rachin had set himself up nicely and scoring quickly too but like I said the T20 has him hitting the pull shots in the air. Need to keep it on the ground in a one day game. He was batting beautifully against spin. A hundred and some decent score here may get him into the senior team in the winter. Not to be today.

No one's scoring quickly today barring Rachin. Bruce has edged away half his runs shows the pitch is not state highway and 250 should be good here. Blundell out to one that stopped on him as well. Wonder if they are on a used pitch?

Last edited:

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Anyone at the ground? It looked a bit like they decided to try for a sneaky single after a small misfield or possibly just trying to be cheeky due to some lethargic fielding and it backfired.

More chances soon. It's been a running theme against India A (with the NZ XI) to get caught on a pull or hook, seems nobody is taught to roll the wrists anymore.

nzfan

Maybe speaking too soon but the second run of Indian pacers don't look great. If India loses Ishant Sharma and any other pacer to an injury our boys will be rejoicing.