• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2020

Mike5181

International Captain
5 games is samplesizelol, and bennetts comeback is even less games. both bowlers have the golden combination of domestic results and obvious talent. they're both tall, strong and hit the deck hard at decent pace.

but no doubt they will be dropped and we will continue to pick a leg spinner who can barely bowl on the pitch and a spearhead who trundles in at 125 clicks along the wicket without philander-esque accuracy.
Why is it so hard to fathom the idea that we might want to persist with a guy that was the number 1 ranked bowler in the format like 18 months ago.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
In both games so far Dube has finished with better bowling figures than Shardul. May just as well trust Dube with quota of 4 overs and get a proper batsman in for Shardul.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Usually the T20 International stuff doesn't upset me but last night was quite dire. Sure India's bowling was gun last night but what happened to the old adage of bat to ball most balls and then a big one once in a while gets to 160+? We had no tactics with the bat and just swinging at everything.

I don't mind a loss like in the first game. We batted well and took a bit of tap due to quality batting by India. Last night we didn't even arrive. The problem with our selectors and team management is there is no foresight. They have announced the squad for the full T20 series and we have to do with what's been announced. If the next game is won by NZ great otherwise it would have provided a platform to ease in one or two newbies the next two games. That would have helped pick a squad to World cup later this year.

The problem I see is India has got the series to a very good start and now will likely become relentless unless we do something special. The team management is definitely lacking imagination.

Last edited:

Ultra Instinct

School Boy/Girl Captain
Is Williamson worth his place in 20 20 team
Kane is loved by fans, but this is a question that should be asked especially with his current workload.

You don't see India playing Rahane or Dhawan (or this down to injury? either way his record isn't flash and Rahul probably took his spot) in T20s anymore.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Kuggeleijn offers something with the bat and from what I've seen has pace.
Kugz is rubbish and offers nothing more than the ability to bowl 1 over a season at 145k+ imo. In any case, 95% of the time he's stuck in the fast-meh-dium zone of 138-145, and his lengths are so scattergun as to make him complete cannon fodder for international class batsmen. His batting also isn't good enough for him to be a genuine allrounder and so imo isn't hugely relevant to the question at hand.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes if anyone's in a position to make a perfectly reasonable and even-handed assessment of a player like Kuggeleijn, it'll be Bahnz. He's by far the wisest of the pace floozies. A veritable den mother in the whorehouse of pace floozies.

srbhkshk

International Captain
In both games so far Dube has finished with better bowling figures than Shardul. May just as well trust Dube with quota of 4 overs and get a proper batsman in for Shardul.
I have time for Dube's batting as well, we have enough proper batsman, need a slogger down the order. Him and Pandya at 6 and 7 can get us the 50s in the last 5 overs we have been lacking.

Flem274*

123/5
Yes if anyone's in a position to make a perfectly reasonable and even-handed assessment of a player like Kuggeleijn, it'll be Bahnz. He's by far the wisest of the pace floozies. A veritable den mother in the whorehouse of pace floozies.
id say he's an extremely pessimistic one tbh. during the game he'll be typing one handed, but after the glow wears off he'll go through with a fine tooth comb for the slightest flaw and exaggerate it to the max.

with nz expecting nothing is usually a safe way to still get even less but at least you called it, so i can't fault his brains.

Flem274*

123/5
id drop sodhi or southee and play all of bennett, tickner and kuggs in this series tbh. we all know ferguson and boult are starting in the wc, so it's time to sort out who joins them. we seem determined not to play jamieson in arguably his best format and a fit and firing milne is always in the conversation but apart from those two it's these guys or bust.

get some experience in them, see what they're made of. i'd rather lose 5-0 and learn who sucks than lose 3-2 and find out harsher truths later.

Mike5181

International Captain
Kugz is rubbish and offers nothing more than the ability to bowl 1 over a season at 145k+ imo. In any case, 95% of the time he's stuck in the fast-meh-dium zone of 138-145, and his lengths are so scattergun as to make him complete cannon fodder for international class batsmen. His batting also isn't good enough for him to be a genuine allrounder and so imo isn't hugely relevant to the question at hand.
Everything's relative, most of our bowling depth would be cannon fodder at the next level. I don't think he's a good option in T20s, but I'd probably look at him more for ODIs/Tests. Even then, you've still got Neesham there along with CdG. Someone like Nathan Smith will probably make his way up the ranks pretty soon, too.