• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2020

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Two SLA playing together in NZ is a bit much. As is selection of Siraj for LA matches. Must be Dravid playing god again.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Looks to me Shaw's performance masked what was otherwise an ordinary batting display from India A collectively. Should have got 400 from where they were placed.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Ishant has hurt his ankle appealing against Vidarbha today. Hopefully a low grade injury because otherwise India stand to lose the only pacer who could bowl long, threatening spells.

Thread ought to be stickied given the tour begins in 3 days time?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The white balls will be like 3-2 and 2-1 either way, with last matches both being deciders, with the Test series 1-0 to NZ, NZ just escaping in the 2nd one with a draw.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I dunno, I think India will win the tests, and I think it's probably most likely to be 2-0. There fast bowling unit - if fully fit - is just better than NZ's, and the batting unit will be extremely low on confidence after the recent Australia series.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Looks to me Shaw's performance masked what was otherwise an ordinary batting display from India A collectively. Should have got 400 from where they were placed.
I wouldn't read too much into the warm up games, the runs scored and wickets taken. They are just warm up games. The bowlers and fielders are wee bit relaxed in the warm up games. They don't usually give 100% The bowlers will likely be bowling at 60-80% max. Also NZ fielded bowlers that are not a full time one day bowlers. I would take any runs scored and wickets taken with a grain of salt.

Chances are the game was probably set up on far end of the pitch meaning the boundary could have been really short on one side. The real deal starts when India A and India start playing proper games of which the results matter.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ishant has hurt his ankle appealing against Vidarbha today. Hopefully a low grade injury because otherwise India stand to lose the only pacer who could bowl long, threatening spells.

Dire. He does have a few weeks to recover though.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't read too much into the warm up games, the runs scored and wickets taken. They are just warm up games. The bowlers and fielders are wee bit relaxed in the warm up games. They don't usually give 100% The bowlers will likely be bowling at 60-80% max. Also NZ fielded bowlers that are not a full time one day bowlers. I would take any runs scored and wickets taken with a grain of salt.

Chances are the game was probably set up on far end of the pitch meaning the boundary could have been really short on one side. The real deal starts when India A and India start playing proper games of which the results matter.
Tbf all A games are practice games. I don’t think anyone is taking them lightly because these are all guys vying for selection.

nzfan

Tbf all A games are practice games. I don’t think anyone is taking them lightly because these are all guys vying for selection.
Only the proper A games are official games and stats counts. The two games we had have no one day status. The NZ XI we provided this time is way stronger than we have in the past. We generally provide a mix of youth and experienced players that are not going to take part in the A side or the black caps side. This one has been an exception.

Chewie

Only the proper A games are official games and stats counts. The two games we had have no one day status. The NZ XI we provided this time is way stronger than we have in the past. We generally provide a mix of youth and experienced players that are not going to take part in the A side or the black caps side. This one has been an exception.
They seem to be list A games according to cricinfo?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah I guess since it was 11 vs 11 between a touring team and a host team with mainly FC players, it will be considered List A. It is possible that even being List A, the quality of the players and the ground (based on things like the wicket being too far on one side of the ground) were not quite the same as a regular List A domestic game even.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member

I've asked the mods not to sticky it until either they or Flem correctly capitalise the thread title.

nzfan

It's as list A but unofficial. For it to be official you need to have proper side such as a domestic side or a side that is recognized such as NZ A.

nzfan

Maybe it was and I didn't get it right. Will check and if it is that's great as JCT Boyle's top score of 130 will be counted and so will Prithvi Shaw's.

In fact it was... My bad. JCT Boyle's 130 is registered as his highest. His average has now gone over 50 in list A after 19 innings, nearing 1000 runs shortly.

Last edited: