• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2020

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This was the lamest batting performance I've seen from us for a while. It was 2011 8-0 levels of awful. 4-5 batsman made 100 runs apiece over four goes. The #1 ranked batsman before this tour batted worse than Shami. Disgraceful.

There's not much to blame in terms of the usual suspects. Toss, selections, fielding, bowling have no place in the conversation this time.

OverratedSanity

Apparently while on the field, kohli shouted to his teammates the good old "let them come to India, we'll show them". Immensely lame if true but not unexpected, this mindset has been common among these last couple of generations of Indian cricketers.

OverratedSanity

This was the lamest batting performance I've seen from us for a while. It was 2011 8-0 levels of awful. 4-5 batsman made 100 runs apiece over four goes. The #1 ranked batsman before this tour batted worse than Shami. Disgraceful.

There's not much to blame in terms of the usual suspects. Toss, selections, fielding, bowling have no place in the conversation this time.
Atleast 2011 had Dravid going god mode one last time and rookie kohli coming into his own.

This tour had absolutely no positives from a batting perspective.

OverratedSanity

The only way an NZ v India 3 test series will ever happen is if the BCCI warms up to day-night tests and Hagley Park and the Basin get their council permits for spotlight upgrades.
Hasnt nzc themselves been reluctant to host any test series longer than 2 tests because they're simply not profitable? I remember seeing some big document posted here where they broke down the revenues and attempted to justify why they'' never do 3/4 test series. Dont think bbci for all their faults is the only one to blame for these crappy short series.

cnerd123

likes this
Idk, I think Shaw and Vihari did alright. Shaw on his first tour out of India, and Vihari has basically done nothing but play overseas his whole career. They weren't amazing, but they weren't terrible and I reckon they'll only get better in the next year or 2

ChePu, while still flawed, showed he's still got his grit and hasn't packed if in mentally the way Kohli and Rahane seemingly have.

And Jadeja is a hero, shouldn't have been sent to bat so low in the 3rd innings. Had he been sent in at 4 we would have won this second test IMO

cnerd123

likes this
Hasnt nzc themselves been reluctant to host any test series longer than 2 tests because they're simply not profitable? I remember seeing some big document posted here where they broke down the revenues and attempted to justify why they'' never do 3/4 test series. Dont think bbci for all their faults is the only one to blame for these crappy short series.
The BCCI/Big 3 are basically why NZ are too broke to host 2-Test series to start with mate

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Idk, I think Shaw and Vihari did alright. Shaw on his first tour out of India, and Vihari has basically done nothing but play overseas his whole career. They weren't amazing, but they weren't terrible and I reckon they'll only get better in the next year or 2

ChePu, while still flawed, showed he's still got his grit and hasn't packed if in mentally the way Kohli and Rahane seemingly have.

And Jadeja is a hero, shouldn't have been sent to bat so low in the 3rd innings. Had he been sent in at 4 we would have won this second test IMO
To be fair to Che pu he grinded out a solid 50 In the 1st innings of the second test and it took an amazing ball from Boult to remove him from the crease In the second dig, be did fine, Kohli and Rahane on the other hand are more concerning.

slippy888

International Captain
Wagner is going to peeve off the other team a lot if he continues to over react everytimes he beats the bat or get a wicket

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Kohli started the tour by quoting about the Kiwis "These guys are the nicest blokes one would see". Perhaps it was time he got back to his brat self.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Apparently while on the field, kohli shouted to his teammates the good old "let them come to India, we'll show them". Immensely lame if true but not unexpected, this mindset has been common among these last couple of generations of Indian cricketers.

[FONT=&quot]Not gonna believe it until it is proven. The sources are dicey at best and ones intent on clickbaits. I just don't think it is consistent with any aspect of Kohli's attitude to cricket.[/FONT]

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yep, no doubt, I was actually thinking more of the NZC than the BCCI. The economics are the same for every country, ODI's and T20's are way higher on the NZC's priority list. In the case of India though, because of the amount of potential money to be made from games starting later in the day, the NZC incentives are even more skewed. They'd only ever get on board with a 3 test series if at least one of them was dn.