• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2020

jcas0167

International Debutant
Doull asking Hesson why he didn't pick Bennett much :-) Hesson saying he was in consideration for the 2015 WC but maybe didn't have the variations he now has.

Flem274*

123/5
He's a lot less of a hitter than Roy. His List A strike rate is under 80, and while it's come up in recent times and he can certainly go quicker than that on smaller grounds when it's required etc I think at his core he's an anchor opener. I watched most of his innings today and it was Anchor Opening 101.
EDIT: I see you said "in Tests". Yeah, fair call.

I think the scepticism of Worker comes primarily from the gut feel that anchor openers in ODIs should probably be good domestic FC if not Test players. "Hitter" ODI openers failing in First Class cricket seems a lot more intuitive and so they tend to get a pass.

I think this theory probably actually has some substance to it, but between Worker being a fair bit better of late in his FC outings (not enough to deserve that Test squad call-up, but all the same) and the fact that I think this theory is more gut than head, I'd be really interested to see him get something resembling a proper run for a couple of series. Rachin would be interesting too but the opinioned 17 year old stats nerd in me does like the "rewarding long-term performance in the format" angle
yeah largely agree. pretty sure his big double and a fair few runs came at #4 and #5 in fc cricket. i just don't think he's all that good against the new red ball. if he gets in he hurts.