• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2020

vandem

International 12th Man
gdi Young. Probs not going to get another chance to bat this match is he?
Today was his chance. A 5 hour century may have seen him added as 14th player in test squad, then into a net session shootout for the opener spot. I suspect now he has to wait until a winter tour.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Bumrah and Shami good with the ball. Umesh a lil wayward as usual. Saini seems to serve up a lot of four bals based on the evidence of these youtube videos courtest Kippax. If Ishant is not fit, I think we should go in with this XI:

Mayank
Vihari
Pujara
Kohli (c)
Rahane (vc)
Pant
Jadeja
Ashwin
Umesh
Shami
Bumrah

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Good recovery from Vihari and Pujara.

Agarwal is having an absolute nightmare tour so far, isn't he?
yea he looked to be low on confidence in the odi series and after about a year of test cricket and not playing anywhere where the ball moves all that much his tendency to stay too legside of the ball seems to be his undoing. Guy still knows how to build an innings though so is valuable. In those first day Nzl conditions against a new ball Hitman would be a sitting duck.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh I notice the Tests are going to be 11.30am starts.

Just when you suspect that desiccating 'businessman has sucked about as much juice out of his fruit as he's likely to get out of them, that he's already commoditised that fruit to the max, he'll stumble upon another little quirk and nicety in the narrative surrounding a match (whether morning moisture will offer a bit more for the bowling team) he can extract entirely from the product.
kippax man, what are you

vcs

yea he looked to be low on confidence in the odi series and after about a year of test cricket and not playing anywhere where the ball moves all that much his tendency to stay too legside of the ball seems to be his undoing. Guy still knows how to build an innings though so is valuable. In those first day Nzl conditions against a new ball Hitman would be a sitting duck.
Isn't Hitman ruled out of the series with injury?

Daemon

Agarwal
Shaw/Gill
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Vihari
Pant
Ashwin
Yadav
Shami
Bumrah

If Ishant was fit I’d have a very good feeling about this series given the four man attack. Vihari bowling a bit of spin helps though. I think we’ve got a good chance nonetheless.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
kippax man, what are you
Just help us with an overhaul of New Zealand cricket administration, okay. We obviously can't do it ourselves, they answer to you, the Indian cricket consumer. Tell David White that the 11.30am starts will suck, the general 'grassy then road' archetype for all the red ball cricket in this country sucks, his son getting a record-breaking number of Youth ODIs when there were much more deserving youngsters sucked, and it's all being helmed by someone who isn't really answerable to us as New Zealanders.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Just help us with an overhaul of New Zealand cricket administration, okay. We obviously can't do it ourselves, they answer to you, the Indian cricket consumer. Tell David Whire that the 11.30am starts will suck, the general 'grassy then road' archetype for all the red ball cricket in this country sucks, his son getting a record-breaking number of Youth ODIs when there were much more deserving youngsters sucked, and it's all being helmed by someone who isn't really answerable to us as New Zealanders.
You're being unfair, Kippo. Ollie scored a magnificent 80 v Japan.

For others playing at home (and this is not a shot at Ollie, this is pointing out the nonsense of pandering to his old man who is a **** administrator) his NZ U19 scores are 17, 1, 32 (v Zim), 7. 1. 80 (v Japan), 4, 14, 0, 18 for an average of 17.4.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Is umesh a case of being suited only to sg ball bowling? guy doesn't seem as threatening or impressive away from home with the kookaburra especially and when there's help he tends to spray it around even more.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is his great chance to put rest to the doubts. He's probably gonna have a high ER but expect him to take wickets as well.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Hope they don't take this dismissal too seriously and will give Young a go for black caps ASAP. If he misses these two tests then he'll have to wait up till our winter tour to Bangladesh.
The amazing part of that sentence is you could have moved the words will and give around, and it'd still make sense.

I digress..there's no spot for him. He won't open, and every other spot is taken. I imagine the Blundell opening spot will be up for grabs again in the next 12-18 months, and I'd hate to see him shoehorned in there like so many in the past. #4 when Ross is gone, and anywhere from #3 to #6 (Blundell move down if BJ was injured/retires) if needed.